54 Super Simple Things I’d Bet You’ll Be Glad You Have At Home
Clear door bumpers to silence kitchen cabinet slammers, sleek cable clips, a door draft stopper to fight chills, and other simple things that'll have a meaningful impact on your day to day.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Small cable clip organizers you can stick on as you please because there's no need to see OR trip over the your phone charger cord every time you stand up to fill up your glass of water.
2. Light-blocking curtains that'll keep your bedroom (or any other room!) as dark as you want. Plus they'll help maintain your ideal indoor temp!
3. And a ~streamlined~ door draft stopper to keep gusts from coming in under the door. It'll just look like a natural part of your door so other decor design choices (like that cute welcome mat) can shine!
5. A jar of the The Pink Stuff — a TikTok-famous cleaning paste made to handle all kinds of sticky, stuck-on situations like this nasty-looking kitchen faucet.
6. Slow-cooker liners that'll make your set-it-and-forget-it routine even easier by making cleanup a snap!
7. A over-the-door laundry hamper to get those discarded PJs and undies off the bathroom floor. Raise your hand if you've ever tripped on your or a loved one's dirty underwear ::raises both hands::
8. A minimalist tissue box cover that'll bring the right amount of whimsy to your setup. I have this and just love it!
9. A set of stove burner covers to help you catch the mess right away on gas stovetops. Or just cover up some chipped or sorry-looking stovetops. (I live in a rental with a white gas stovetop that def has some unsightly chips on it, so I can relate!)
10. A nine-pack of reliable nonscratch sponges – they'll make serious work on your nonstick pans with coating you don't wanna compromise. Stuck-on messes, be gone!
11. An over-the-door cabinet organizer so you won't have to stare at a pile of hairstyling tools every time you go to brush your teeth. You'll be locating your hair dryer in record time!
12. A broom and mop organizer you can mount on a closet wall for a tidy "after" so you won't worry about an avalanche when you open that door. You know what I'm talking about. Ok it doesn't look simple with everything on it. But that mere row of hooks is ~magical~.
13. Or a pair of broom holders in case you've gotta get a little more nimble with your closet storage solutions. I use my coat closet to store cleaning supplies because, well, NYC one-bedroom apartment. And these broom holders have made SUCH a difference in the organization.
14. Odor-blocking trash bags to buy another day here or there before you take out the trash. Take it from me, a lazy person. These work.
15. A wood scratch cover you can use to help cover up dings and discoloration on door frames and molding so everything will blend in like normal. Also, it requires no sanding or refinishing! Cue to you on the prowl for more wood surfaces you can fix up.
16. And wood repair markers to hide smaller scratches on your fave furniture. We love a repair instead of a replacement product!
17. A laundry-detergent drip catcher to help salvage some of that precious goo, so you can go a tad bit longer in between shopping trips.
18. Pimple patches that'll attack blemishes that pop up in the least convenient time (so any time) by sucking out the gunk without irritating your skin around the blemish like drying treatments. Keep a pack of these in your bathroom and you'll be set!
19. A luxe-looking mousepad with a metal finish for smooth movement that'll perk up a lackluster home office — even if that home office is the couch or your bed.
20. An eye compression mask to block out every last bit of light in your bedroom while feeling soft against your skin. (BTW, it was designed by an orthopedic surgeon to help relieve migraines, tension headaches, sinus pain, and eye strain.)
21. A set of satin pillowcases I personally swear by for keeping my hair and skin moisturized (vs. cotton pillowcases). Plus! They're super soft and look glam.
23. A set of wool dryer balls that'll be a wonderful effective alternative to fabric softener sheets or liquid that can cause some serious buildup on machines.
24. A cushy lumbar pillow you can position as its name implies or use to elevate your knees or feet. TV watching just leveled up.
25. A wooden lap desk you can use for inhaling some pancakes, reading, or binge-watching on your laptop. I own this and it was my 2020 WFH MVP, hands down.
26. Suspenders for your sheets that are exactly how they sound so no matter how much you toss and turn, your fitted sheet won't pop you in the face in the middle of the night when it comes loose. It happens! I know!
27. A brown sugar saver disguised as an adorable terra-cotta bear that baking fiends *might* be sad they didn't know was a thing 'til now.
28. A dishwasher magnet so everyone in the house is on the same page about whether it's OK to eat off a plate that's in the dishwasher.
29. A Squatty Potty which, if you don't already know what it does, helps position your body in a way that'll feel more natural for your colon and, therefore, make going no. 2 easier. (More or less.)
30. A Beard King trimmings catcher that'll make cleaning the bathroom sink SO much easier if you can convince your currently bearded bae to actually use it.
31. Safe grabs silicone mats for putting a safe barrier between hot things and important stuff, like your hands, in so many situations.
32. Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo that'll target residue from all that dry shampoo you have built up in your hair so your scalp with truly feel clean. I get it. Really.
33. A sharp bed skirt to coordinate with your bedding while masking the horror show underneath your bed. Trust me! I use one to mask my own underbed storage area.
34. Plus some adjustable bed risers that'll buy you 3, 5, or 8 inches of extra space for stashing all sorts of stuff under that bed.
35. A boot tray to help bring some order to your entryway where your family kicks off their muddy, dirty shoes as soon as they walk in the door. *Or* you can use it to contain the mess of pets' food and water bowls!
36. A humidifier that may seriously help your stuffy nasal passages and dry winter skin woes. Buy one for your bedroom AT LEAST but you'll thank yourself for buying one for your living area too. Just think of that harsh indoor heat!
37. A slim cutlery organizer to make room for the rest of the stuff you've been keeping in an unwieldy standing container on your countertop. Trust me, I have it and love it!
38. A bacon sponge "unpaper" towel to help get the extra grease off of your fave breakfast side with a reusable kitchen tool!
39. A scratchy lil' tool to FINALLY get all the pet hair off your fabric surfaces both inside your house and car. You'll wonder how you lived without it up until now.
40. A silicone sink strainer that can make ridding it of tiny food particles easy as pie so you aren't awkwardly standing over your trash can raking them out of your OG metal strainer like a masked killer in a movie. I bought one of these and it truly is game-changing.
41. A set of reusable coffee pods you can fill with your favorite ground brew and then toss in your K-Cup machine like normal. This'll put a halt to tons of plastic pod waste, both for the environment and your fam's monthly budget.
43. Wool dryer balls you can toss in the dryer instead of chemical-coated dryer sheets that, psssst, leave behind buildup on the inside of your dryer and thus makes it less effective over time.
44. A heavy-duty Command hook that'll hold your step stool in place because you're tired of having to scoot it out of the way every time you have to get at something else in your closet. (I do this every single time and need this for my step stool!)
45. Fridge bin liners that'll absorb extra moisture in an effort to keep your produce fresher for longer. PLUS, they'll catch the brunt of messy spills and will be so much easier to clean than taking a drawer out of the fridge and awkwardly scrubbing it down in your sink. I've done that before and it's not great!
46. Custom labels to help organize every last thing in your life. Now you can zero in on getting some socks on your cold feet so much faster.
47. A set of TikTok-famous adjustable mug organizers that'll help you better use your kitchen cabinet space *and* also keep your mugs safer since they fit on top of a mug, creating a setup where you can safely stack a second mug on top instead of googling replacements.
Psst — if you want to see them in action, check out this viral TikTok of the mug organizers that's clocked millions of views.
Promising review: "I love these cup organizers. I have a small cabinet above where my coffeepot is and these have made it a pleasure to open that cabinet. All cups are organized and easy to get to. They stay right where they should be. No more stacking them inside one another and them falling over when I opened the cabinet. I also use these for some bowls in my dish set. Works great. I just ordered a couple more and I am going to use them for my china cabinet. I wondered when I first bought them because the price was a little high. Worth every penny and more. I can not say enough good about these." —ChefGirl
Get a set of six (to organize 12 mugs) from Amazon for $24.99 (available in two colors).
48. A fridge wall organizer so you'll better see your yogurt's expiration dates and don't have to dig to unearth your breakfast.
50. A mountable cat-grooming brush to help your kitty get some rubs when your hands are all tied up with other tasks.
51. A powerful dish-washing spray that, honestly, if you buy anything from this list, this should be it. You can spray down that casserole dish caked with enchilada sauce, let it sit, and you simply wipe and rinse away that saucy mess in a few minutes. (Can you sense an enchilada theme here?)
52. Magic Eraser cleaning sheets to fit into all the nooks and crannies you wish your OG Magic Eraser could fit.
53. A password book you should fill out IN PENCIL because who can keep up with all those passwords you constantly have to change and apparently are not strong enough for the robots unless it has something like 29478495734592713 on the end.
54. Sound-dampening door bumpers that'll keep everything from kitchen cabinets to closet doors from slamming while you go about your regular schedule.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.