33 Things For Spring That Goths Will Also Love
Despite urban legends, goths do venture outside for spring. No-cast sunscreen, breathable black clothes, and faux-leather shorts will help.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A showstopping mesh dress you can use as a base for basically any special event's ensemble. Or just when you wanna jazz up your day. It has mesh! So it breathes!
2. Cat-eye sunnies that'll help you maintain your air of mystery and keep the sun out of your used-to-the-indoors eyes.
4. A vegan felt hat with a message for anyone doubting your inclinations. Cheers to something that fits your *lewk* and gives you a little extra shade.
5. And speaking of shade, a parasol to keep the sun off your face and rains from ruining your 'do. Also, um, what an amazing photo prop.
6. An SPF 50 mineral sunscreen lotion with tinted options for your face because no one, let me repeat, NO ONE should be walking around sans SPF. No excuses! But the uptick in temps is a solid reminder.
7. And an SPF 30 body sunscreen that's beloved by reviewers with melanated skin. It rubs in (like, actually rubs in) and doesn't leave any ashy white effect.
8. Or if you really wanna go the extra mile, a SPF 50 body sunscreen I use (and actually need to re-up). It has a delightful faint cucumber scent that's noticeable in the breeze and feels more like a moisturizer than a sunscreen. So hourly reapplication will leave you protected and looking normal, not all streaky.
9. A pair of stretchy bike shorts that'll become part of your WFH, working out, lounging, *and* just-about-anything-else rotation. They're gonna look so good with all your horror T-shirts.
10. Chunky sandals to let your toes breathe without sacrificing that height. Love. To. Tower. Over. Everyone.
11. Or some Dr. Martens fishermen sandals in case you'd live in those wonderful clunky soles for the rest of your life. These sandals are like your fave boots' cousin.
12. A glam face mask that'll pump up the style of most any outfit. Like, I'm ready to host a ball just to wear it. Where shall I send your invite?
13. A batty pinafore (that also comes in a ton of colors!) for those who hate pants and love layering.
14. A killer tank to rep your favorite Michael and let your arms out to breathe. Wear *this* around your aunt who complains about how you never wear colors.
15. A breathable lacey tank because you say you could live in a Victorian collar year-round but your sweat glands prove otherwise.
16. A Loch Ness monster necklace that'll pop when layered over turtlenecks during cruel April weather or later on your bare neck when the heat feels downright monstrous.
17. And a giant water bottle that comes in black (plus lots of pastel goth hues!) so maybe one day someone will call you a water monster too.
18. An angelic option sure to set your heart aflutter. I own this and it's the *best* compliment bait.
19. A floral tapestry to brighten up your living space just a little bit BUT not too much. Also you don't have to worry about these flowers dying.
20. And a larger tapestry you can tote along as a picnic blanket to prove to your friends that you DO leave the house in the daylight.
21. A slinky slip dress that'll look SUPER hot but move with you whether you wear it with tights and a thin turtleneck underneath or tights-less and with a light jacket. I should know — I own it and adore this dress.
22. A baby doll dress made of breathable cotton you'll find every which way to wear once you figure out just HOW cute it looks. Also, no one will believe you snagged it on Amazon.
23. Rainboots that look like sneakers because even though your music taste leans toward a rainy disposition, you don't want precipitation to cramp your style.
24. A breezy dress to lounge around in at home or pose for gorgeous nature photos. See? You like going places that aren't haunted forests.
26. A ~luminous~ backpack that looks gray in daylight but really lights up at night in pastel goth-friendly hues. You've gotta carry your picnic blanket, snacks, and bottle of wine to the park in something. Might as well be this beaut!
28. An eyeliner wing stamp that'll be great for *any* time of the year so I'd be remiss if I didn't recommend it to you now while we're all easing a bit back into the world and you're likely a bit out of cat-eye practice.
29. A pair of faux-croc shorts as a glam consolation for it being too hot out to wear a leather jacket.
30. And if you'll deign to wear denim, some distressed denim shorts might just become your summer go-to bottoms.
33. Or a backless one-piece in a variety of styles that include black so you won't have to feel like your selling your soul for a Hawaiian print. (To each their own.)
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.