34 Slightly Fancier Versions Of Home Stuff You're Still Using From College
No shade to your dish soap–dispensing handle sponge that stuck with you through the entirety of undergrad. OK, maybe a little shade.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Velvet throw pillow covers for cozying up your spot on the couch AND distracting from how, tbh, you could really use a new sofa.
2. Agate bookends ready to hold the tomes you WANT to read instead of those sturdy metal versions that used to corral your textbooks.
3. Swedish dishcloths in some designs you'll wanna show off to replace that icky ole dish brush or sponge.
4. Pretty wall art because it's about time you tossed those Led Zeppelin posters — or at least move them to the basement.
5. Or a luxury soup cans wall art set that'll one-up your curling Andy posters that felt like the epitome of art when you moved into the dorm freshman year.
6. A Novogratz memory foam futon no one will realize is a futon 'til you tell them. (Maybe it's better that way so you don't have to host lackluster overnight guests.)
7. And a tufted storage ottoman with a lil' more pizazz than the shabby-looking "investment" you picked up in the dorm section the summer before freshman year. You're never too old to appreciate something pretty to hold your junk.
8. Seagrass storage baskets you can use to hide all kinds of stuff in plain sight. Those rainbow-bright foldable cubes are just calling attention to the stuff you haven't quite found a place for in drawers.
9. And an enormous cotton rope basket to give you a place to throw extra pillows and blankets in if you don't already have a designated area!
10. A lightweight nonstick pan that'll do SO MUCH more than your worse-for-wear pan that's been your go-to for eons.
11. Minimalist wooden utensils with silicone parts (and a matching container!) to replace those sad, melted plastic flippers you've been using since you moved out of the dorm.
12. An adorable (but loud!) alarm clock with a glow-in-the-dark face because maybe it's time you graduated to something other than the series of alarms you have saved on your phone in 5-minute increments.
13. Chic as heck plates you can put in the microwave *and* dishwasher. Even frozen pizza is going to look amazing in your future flat lays.
14. And while we're on the subject, some scalloped-edge flatware that won't break the bank – they'll feel like the fancy upgrade your heated-up chicken noodle soup is craving.
15. A luxurious faux-fur throw without the luxurious price tag. But, honestly, it costs about the same amount as that novelty fleece throw that you're pretty sure was built for a child but you've been making do with for years.
16. A floor lamp with some ~flexible~ lighting options that won't look like an octopus (ya' know the lamp I'm talking about). BRB sending this story to my little brother.
17. And a showstopping table lamp to replace that minimalist desk lamp that also doubles as a pen and sticky note holder. So useful! But so tired.
18. A gorgeous velvet headboard because you.... Wait you didn't have a headboard in college? That's fine! Now's the time to invest ;).
19. A ~flexible~ shower caddy that'll hold all your toiletries — on the shower head or shower rod. Now that you don't have to carry your toiletries with you every time you shower, you can park 'em where you please.
20. A jute rope rug you can park in front of your front door as a drastic improvement from your OG that simply says "BEER."
21. A glitzy bathroom set to bring some uniformity to your sink area instead of whatever OK-smelling hand soap was the cheapest at T.J.Maxx on your last haul.
22. And an incredibly organized beauty tower with a marble print on the side that'll distract from your bathroom countertop that is most certainly not marble. (Time to throw away that makeup shoebox.)
25. A pretty jewelry organizer with all the bells and whistles that tangled box of baubles or stick-on wall hooks just can't muster.
26. A foaming handsoap starter kit you can re-up once it runs dry with a tablet you drop into water. Gone are the days of topping off that container of lavender Mrs. Meyers from three years ago with a gallon jug of drugstore soap. This one's tablet refill will take up FAR less storage space ;)
27. Skinny velvet coat hangers with grip for days that'll take so much better care of your stuff than those miscellaneous wire and store hangers you've been collecting all this time.
28. Luxuriously comfy pillows so you can enjoy some vacation-level sleep on a Wednesday night at home.
29. A cool coffee table with more ~levels~ than that ho-hum flat pack one you just stopped using coasters on because why even bother.
30. Campus-centric wall art to proclaim your school spirit in a ~tasteful~ manner than that colorful banner you bought at the student store. GO HEELS!
32. Stemless wineglasses you can bring out for company rather than all the mismatched winery tour glasses you've collected from many a bachelorette weekend. (Feeling seen? Same.)
33. And cool drinking glasses that'll help you finally give all those college stadium plastic cups the boot. (Though they are great for holding paint while painting trim!!)
34. A 3-D printed planter to let you display some tasteful nudes while taking care of all your plant bbs. (Though IMO you should go for the less "tasteful" stuff too.)
35. And a wooden desk organizer in case you actually miss your dorm desk with all those built-in nooks to stash your stuff. This'll help you get your desk in order!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.