43 Everyday Things That'll Make Your Day Feel Special
Sometimes a homemade BEC, sushi dog toy, or bright bike shorts can be the perfect lil' pick-me-up.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
2. A cruelty-free vitamin C serum to help brighten and soften your skin. *Plus* reviewers say it dramatically fades hyperpigmentation. Talk about brightening your day!
3. A snazzy faux-croc bag can serve as the most delectable compliment bait while also holding your leaving-the-house essentials. I should know. I own it and get compliments every time I carry it!
4. A windproof umbrella with a sunny outlook — even if that's the complete opposite of how you woke up feeling to the pitter-patter of rain.
5. A foodie dog toy for your furry family member to get in on sushi night too in the most adorable way. Ready your phone for pics.
7. A breakfast sandwich maker to help you whip up your own BEC without running out to the bodega. Breakfast sandwiches make everything better, IMO.
8. A teeth-whitening pen as a much easier alternative to fooling with white strips. I use a similar one and can vouch that it's *so* user friendly!
9. A six-pack of scarf scrunchies for a one-and-done task of putting up your hair and adding a glam touch even if you have to do some REAL math to figure out the last time you washed it.
10. Or a 45-pack(!!!) of velvet scrunchies. They're on trend right now AND won't dent hair as much as other hair ties.
11. Polarized sunnies that, as you can see from the reviewer pics, look great on everyone! But they're cheap enough that you can wear them with abandon while you're living your glam life.
12. A super-impactful highlighter (at a GREAT price) to help you get some banging shine for your buck.
13. A pair of bike shorts (with color!) for giving the black bike shorts you've had on heavy rotation the past year a bit of a deserved break.
14. A pair of compression sleeves for your feet you can don underneath your socks. Folks with plantar fasciitis, heel pain, flat feet, and other painful issues swear by them. Time to make those old dogs feel like puppies again.
15. A scalp care brush that'll work wonders by massaging your scalp (with or without a clarifying shampoo) so you can start with a *true* clean slate and put those haircare products to full use. This'll feel on par with a shampoo massage at the salon!
16. Shower steamers with eucalyptus and menthol for a relaxing start to the day...especially if you don't have time for a bath and bath bombs.
17. A nostalgic phone case with a surprisingly sturdy silicone construction in case you want the best of both worlds. I own this (as you can see) and ADORE it.
18. An interactive cat toy to help occupy your furry overlord while you sit back and get a kick out of it. That jump height! Has your cat ever considered trying out for the basketball team?
19. A travel coffee mug that'll stick out from the rest. I have a feeling that caffeine will play an important part in your future.
20. Or a glitzy Disney-inspired reusable cup in case you run on iced coffee and spend a lot of spare time mapping out which rides to hit at the optimal times on your next park visit. (Tell me all your Haunted Mansion opinions, plz.)
21. A cute hydrating sheet mask to help sneak in a zap of soothing self-care while creating a funny little photo op. It's the little things!
22. A cute makeup brush holder with three varying levels so you can actually see all the tools you have at your disposal.
23. A Q-flex acupressure tool from Shark Tank to hit all those achey, tight stops that you can't with your human hands. After all, no matter how many times you try to convince your puppy to walk across your back, it's just cute instead of providing some relief.
24. Grippy hair ties with silicone nubs for keeping your ponytail right where you want it in the sweatiest of spin classes (trust me).
25. A tortilla blanket to make you feel cozy on the outside like a burrito makes you feel cozy on the inside.
26. A set of measurement decals you can glance at rather than googling "how many teaspoons in a tablespoon" for the millionth time like a total baking newb. (BTW, the answer is three.)
27. A Baby Yoda dishwasher magnet to keep the fam on the same page as to if that plate was licked clean or washed clean...very important! No more having to run a second cycle because of someone putting in a dirty plate!
28. A Shiatsu-style heated massager with rotating nodules you can move as you see fit. Try it on your lower back, under a calf, most anywhere that could use a little treat as you pick your way through an email chain your manager just added you to.
29. And a heated Shiatsu-style foot massager you can park with you on the couch so you barely have to change your routine to get some real footwork into your schedule.
30. Light-up flowers you can nestle among the *real* flowers in your flowerbeds around seating areas for a whimsical touch and a practical advantage of better lighting your path
32. And Bottle Bright cleaning tablets to revive the look (and taste!) of the stainless-steel thermos you use every dang day but aren't so great at washing like you should. Same with the above water bottle!
33. A motion-activated toilet light so you won't have to fully disrupt your sleep by turning the overhead light on during a 2 a.m. bathroom trip.
34. Some sticky traps can ensnare the whiteflies, fungus gnats, blackflies, thrips, fruit flies, midges, and other flying insects that've been wreaking havoc on your potted houseplants. Cheers to actually keeping those houseplants thriving!
36. A kitchen shears set so you can zoom through cutting up herbs or raw chicken while you meal prep. If you've never given this product category a go, you should be kind to yourself and, well, try it.
37. A "morning person" face and body scrub as a lil' extra motivation in the shower. Hey, every bit counts.
38. Super-fast-drying nail polish that's so good (and so cheap) you should probably snag it in several colors.
39. A flashy plunger (who knew that was a thing?) in case you don't mind a dose of color in the most practical ways possible.
41. Essence Cosmetics Princess False Lash Effect Mascara for a super dramatic before and after. Prepare to get grilled about where you got your eyelash extensions.
42. A hair repair serum with hydrating argan oil, aloe vera, and vitamin E to help you tame flyaways and get on with the rest of your life.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.