1. There aren’t many people you could get away with calling a ‘national treasure’.
3. But Gatiss should too. He’s one quarter of The League Of Gentlemen.
4. But actually, most people’s favourite quarter.
5. He was Mickey from the Job Centre.
7. And he was Iris the cleaning lady.
8. And he was Hillary Briss the demon butcher.
9. He’s one of the driving forces behind some little sci-fi show you may have heard of.
10. He wrote The Crimson Horror from this year’s series, and that was one of the best.
11. As well as Cold War, the one with the Ice Warrior on the submarine.
Which wasn’t quite as good but still pretty ace with it.
12. He’s written a drama about the show’s origins for the 50th anniversary in November.
David Bradley stars as First Doctor actor William Hartnell in An Adventure In Space And Time and just look how amazing this photograph is.
13. Because he’s a fan.
Amazing to think that I watched the last episode of ‘Planet of the Spiders’ without even knowing Jon Pertwee was leaving! I was devastated.
14. A proper fan.
And now a whole young audience who’ve only known and loved the brilliant Matt Smith are about to go through the same exquisite trauma!
15. And not one of these old school fans who just likes to moan about everything.
Thrilling, moving, beyond exciting. Cometh the hour, cometh the man! Peter Capaldi is the PERFECT choice. Welcome, Doctor!
16. Did we mention he also co-created Sherlock?
17. In which he also plays Mycroft?
18. In 2006 he played Bamber Gascoigne from University Challenge.
In the BBC/HBO movie Starter For 10 alongside Alice Eve, James McAvoy, Benedict Cumberbatch and Elaine Tan.
19. Sherlock ain’t his only detective crush.
He’s guest-starred in Poirot as well as writing three episodes, you know.