27 Useful Things That'll Help You Cut Down On Your Cooking Time
Who wants to sit around waiting for food to be ready when you're hangry?
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. These microwaveable potato cooker bags for when you want a perfectly cooked baked potato and you want it now. It also works for cooking corn on the cob and warming up tortillas, so you'll probably be reaching for these quite often.
2. A pair of onion goggles because cooking dinner shouldn't make your eyes water more than the first 10 minutes of Up.
3. This One & Done Seasoning that takes all the flavors currently in your overcrowded spice cabinet and packs them into one bottle. It'll definitely upgrade your next steak night, but it's also versatile enough to sprinkle on chicken, burgers, BBQ, french fries, and basically anything else you whip up.
4. A microwave rice cooker for the times you don't feel like pulling out a bulky appliance or rummaging in your cabinets for a pot.
5. A subscription to Freshly, which delivers fully cooked meals right to your door so you literally won't have to think about what you're eating tonight. Whether you're in the mood for Chicken Tikka Masala or a White Bean Turkey Chili Bowl, it'll be ready in just three minutes.
6. A bestselling immersion hand blender so your smoothies can actually be smooth for once and your soups will look as creamy and delicious as the Pinterest photo you took the recipe from.
7. This breakfast sandwich maker that's so easy to use — even if you haven't had coffee yet. Just toss your ingredients in, close the lid, and you'll have the perfect grab-and-go breakfast ready in about 10 minutes.
8. An absolutely genius tool that lets you easily spread butter on your pans before cooking or directly on hot foods like corn on the cob or fresh bread. No more butterfingers!
9. This rapid egg cooker so you can quickly cook all of those eggs sitting in your fridge before they go bad. Whether you like 'em boiled, poached, or scrambled, this little device does it all.
10. The ridiculously popular Instant Pot that more than lives up to its hype. It may look like a normal slow cooker, but it's also a pressure cooker, sterilizer, rice cooker, steamer, and yogurt maker — so get ready to donate all of your other bulky appliances.
11. A highly rated spiralizer that might just get you excited about eating your veggies. If you're looking to jump on the veggie pasta trend, this will make it so much easier.
12. Or this handheld veggie spiralizer if you're looking for something super compact but still just as easy to use. You'll have Food Network-worthy spirals at just a few flicks of the wrist.
13. A microwave pasta maker for the days when boiling a pot of water is just too much to handle — trust me, I've been there. All you have to do is fill with pasta, add water, then microwave for about 13 minutes.
14. This three-section nonstick grill pan so you can finally master the art of multitasking in the kitchen while also reducing the amount of cleanup afterward.
15. A pack of pre-prepared seasoned beans you can throw in the microwave for 60 seconds when you're way too tired to even think about cooking a side dish.
16. A shredder claw set so your pulled pork will look just as tender and delicious as it does at your favorite BBQ joint.
17. A set of herb scissors to give your dishes a touch of freshness. You'll be ditching your pre-packaged bottles of rosemary and parsley in no time.
18. This microwave veggie steamer, because getting in your daily serving of greens should be as easy and hassle-free as possible.
19. A pack of three unique hot sauces so you can add a spicy kick to literally any meal you whip up — and admit it, your taste buds are bored of the same brand you've been buying for years.
20. A corn peeler so you can safely and easily de-cob your corn and finally ditch the frozen and canned stuff. You deserve fresh corn and you deserve it NOW!
21. This apple slicer that proves getting perfectly sliced fruit doesn't have to be a painful process. Also, let's be honest, apples somehow just taste better when sliced... and dipped in peanut butter.
22. A super handy garlic press so you can chop up your favorite ingredient without smelling it on your hands for the next 10 years. You can even put a personalized engraving on the handle, making it a perfect gift for the true garlic lover in your life.
23. Or a garlic twist for the times you need freshly minced garlic but don't possess the knife skills to make that happen.
24. A helpful two-stage sharpener to bring some life into those knifes you've had for far longer than you'd like to admit.
25. This freezer pod tray that will make food prep SO much easier. Simply fill each rectangle with smoothie ingredients, soup, or any other leftovers you're not sure what to do with. Once you're ready to eat, just pop 'em out and re-heat!
26. This manual food chopper that evenly breaks down everything from ground meat to fruits and veggies with just a few turns of your wrist.
27. And an egg white separator that can hold up to four egg yolks at a time and is really just too adorable for words, so I'm going to stop typing now.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.