24 Self-Care Products That'll Make You Look Like You Just Left The Salon
Why pay $$$ when you could get these results at home for $ 😏?
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A hydrating eye gel cream because LV bags belong on your arm, not under your eyes. It uses hyaluronic acid, licorice extract, and a vitamin complex to help brighten and smooth skin.
2. A resurfacing serum to dramatically reduce scarring and acne with the power of squalane and lactic acid while you get your beauty rest.
4. A microwavable deep-conditioning cap so you don't have to sit under a dryer to achieve pillowy curls. It's so soothing, I fall asleep every time I use it — especially on a cold day.
5. A foaming facial cleanser for people with sensitive skin looking for a gentle, yet effective daily cleanser for under $20.
6. A protein treatment that brought my fragile curls back to life after months of being limp. Heat activated proteins and magnesium repair the hair structure so it's balanced aka less prone to breakage.
7. A biotin shampoo to help with shedding by depositing biotin, a naturally occurring vitamin, where it's needed — your hair. This person used the product for almost a year, and it made a world of difference 😱.
8. A night treatment because it goes to work 💼 while you go to sleep. This gel-based moisturizer helps prevent free radicals and stress from doing a number on your face.
9. A solution exfoliator for improving the appearance of skin by minimizing acne, redness, and scarring that has salicylic, glycolic, and lactic acids.
10. A conditioning spray that has biotin, castor oil, and vitamin E that'll keep your hair moisturized without causing product buildup.
11. A serum so you can rehab the most sensitive skin from UV damage and breakouts without irritation. Plus it has ferulic and tranexamic acid which layer well under moisturizer and sunscreen.
12. A marula facial oil for sensitive skin that needs a little extra something to stay balanced and moisturized. If you're seeking a clean product to reduce fine lines, redness, and blotchiness, this is it.
14. A bottle of Olaplex No. 3 because it should be the first thing you reach for after you do something drastic to your hair, I don't make the rules. It'll help your hair recover from harsh chemical treatments like dyes or perms.
15. A bottle of vitamin C serum may be the best splurge item you ever buy. Why? Ferulic acid. You'll be hard-pressed to find an ingredient that's as good at fending off UV rays and free radicals that break down skin.
16. A foaming cleanser that'll help acne-prone skin because it has just enough salicylic acid to unclog those pores without causing inflammation.
17. A curl stimulator so your curls can pop like Rick James's in the '80s. My roommate's curls last for a week without chipping after using this product.
18. A jade and rose quartz Gua Sha facial tool set that helps relieve tension to naturally lift the face.
19. A microneedling tool so you can literally help roll fine lines, and acne right off your face. The tiny needles stimulate cell turnover for refreshed skin.
21. A purple shampoo so you can keep brassy tones at bay, thanks to a little color theory. Purple cancels out yellow, which is why professional colorists swear by this stuff.
22. An intense foot cream to perform miracles for anyone whose feet catch on their sheets and tear holes in pantyhose.
23. An argan oil heat protectant that might be the only thing standing between you, your flat iron, and the hair of your dreams. It'll shield your hair from heat exposure up to 450 degrees F.
24. And a bottle of facial cleanser that serves at least three purposes. First, it eliminates impurities in the skin. It also removes dead skin cells and gets rid of makeup.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.