1. Wilmer Valderrama was there! And he came dressed like Diane Keaton.
He was probably there looking for his next starlet girlfriend.
2. Shawn Ashmore and Michelle Trachtenberg were a couple that side-eyed together:
3. Diddy gave his butler, Fonzworth Bentley (never forget), the night off.
That was nice of Diddy.
5. B2K were there to promote You Got Served.
6. Speaking of You Got Served, its star, Marques Houston, showed up wearing a suit made of old umbrellas (ellas ellas, ay ay ay)!
Also, I’m sure he didn’t smell very good by the end of the night.
7. Nicole Richie and Nicky Hilton struck a pose together.
8. Of course Paris was there. And, of course, she posed for the cameras like her life depended on it.
9. YEAAAH! She even posed with Lil Jon.
11. UGH, and then they did this on the red carpet. SO GROSS.
This woman’s face says it all:
13. Remember when Christina Aguilera and Sharon Stone were BFFs?! Yeah, neither do I.
14. SuChin Pak was there representing MTV News.
15. While Kal Penn and John Cho were there representing stoners everywhere.
17. Matthew Perry looked confused, I’m sure he was wondering why he was there.
18. LOL, remember when Eminem tried to make D12 happen?
Eminem really needed to stop trying to make D12 happen!
19. Brittany Murphy looked lovely in white.
20. The REAL STARS of Viva La Bam, Phil Margera and April Margera, were everyone’s parents that night.
21. MTV’s other newlyweds Carmen Electra and Dave Navarro.
22. Also Leatherface was there, ‘cause you know, YOLO.
23. And who was our master of ceremonies? None other than Lindsay Lohan.
24. Who opened the show up with a dance battle, ‘cause that was a thing in 2004.
Pop and lock, Lindsay. POP AND LOCK:
25. Queen Latifah and Jimmy Fallon tried to make their film Taxi happen.
26. Scarlett Johansson and Jake Gyllenhaal both gave us their best rockstar face.
Jake, let’s not make that face EVER again.
27. Paris got a contact high after kissing Snoop.
28. Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore took home the “golden popcorn” for Best On-Screen Team for 50 First Dates.
29. The forever awesome Beastie Boys performed “Ch-Check It Out.”
RIP Adam Yauch.
30. Ellen DeGeneres petitioned to be the next Spider-Man.
Tobey Maguire does not look amused at this idea.
31. Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx were presenters.
32. Eminem decided to channel his inner Axl Rose…
34. Dominic Monaghan and Sean Astin accepted the Best Movie award for their film The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
35. And finally, Lindsay Lohan won Breakthrough Female.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.