1. Sarah Jessica Parker hosted the show.
2. Sarah also managed an impressive 15 costume changes throughout the duration of the show…
3. …and managed to take a whiff of George Clooney.
4. Sisqó and Beyoncé cohosted the MTV Movie Awards Pre-Show.
I know, Beyoncé cohosting a non-main event. Crazy! This would be so beneath her today.
6. Check out Beyoncé interviewing Aaliyah about her jump from music to film:
7. Rebecca Romijn was there with her then-husband John Stamos.
8. Also, do you remember that Selma Blair dated Jason Schwartzman?
Jason’s face in this photo is kinda giving off a Zoolander vibe.
9. Selma and Sarah Michelle Gellar won Best Kiss for…
10. The pair also brought the love into the press room!
11. Additionally, Sarah took home the Best Female Performance award for the film.
12. Keanu Reeves won Best Male Performance for The Matrix.
13. Julia Stiles took home the award for Breakthrough Female for 10 Things I Hate About You.
14. NSYNC was there promoting their new album No Strings Attached.
16. They performed “It’s Gonna Be Me”:
17. D’Angelo performed his single “Devil’s Pie.”
Note to Justin: This is how you pull off cornrows and a bandanna.
18. X-Men stars Rebecca Romijn and Halle Berry presented the award for Best Musical Sequence to…
(There is some real Death Becomes Her shit going on, cause Halle has not aged at all in the last 13 years!)
19. …Trey Parker and Matt Stone for “Uncle Fucka” from South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut.
20. Spike Jonze was named Best New Filmmaker for his film Being John Malkovich.
21. Carson Daly was there with his then-fiancée Tara Reid.
Is she wearing two table napkins held together by a safety pin?
22. Also, do you remember MTV VJ Ananda Lewis? She jumped on the Bedazzled lady-parts trend as well.
24. A happy Katie Holmes with her then-boyfriend Chris Klein.
25. Tom Green with his date Krups Coffee Maker.
26. Marlon and Shawn Wayans were there to promote Scary Movie.
Also, both came dressed with outfits picked straight out of the clearance section of the International Male Catalog.
27. Janet Jackson, who obviously came dressed this way to pay tribute to Morpheus from The Matrix, was at the show too.
28. The Matrix won Best Movie.
It beat out American Beauty, American Pie, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, and The Sixth Sense.
29. The highlight of the evening was the very funny Sex and the City meets The Matrix parody. If you don’t remember or have never seen this, definitely check it out:
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- A mass grave in Mexico contained the remains of 56 people, many of whom went missing in 2010, authorities said Sunday.
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈