1. MTV set up shop in beautiful Long Beach, Calif.
But things were a little different that year, because MTV went budget and rented out an RV in lieu of a beach house.
2. Of course, TRL’s Damien Fahey and Quddus were on hosting duty.
3. Nelly and the St. Lunatics made a grand entrance on a dune buggy.
4. And they all broke out into a performance of Nelly’s new single, “Flap Your Wings.”
Well except for this guy, I think he just did a performance of “The Music of the Night” from The Phantom of the Opera:
At least I really hope he did.
5. SuChin Pak was there to deliver the news (aka bathroom break time).
6. Amanda Bynes looked lovely as she promoted her sitcom What I Like About You.
7. And she also got to hang out with both Ashlee Simpson and Ashlee’s old nose!
8. Of course Ashlee took the opportunity to perform (or possibly lip-sync) her new single, “Pieces of Me.”
9. Apparently La La Anthony learned the hard way why you shouldn’t wear heels to the beach.
11. American Idol season three winner, Fantasia Barrino, looked thrilled to be on hosting duty.
12. While her fellow American Idol contestant and runner-up, Diana DeGarmo, tried to make herself the next Clay Aiken.
14. Afterward she posed inside MTV’s luxurious RV.
Which came with a totally state-of-the-art of cooling system.
15. New Found Glory showed up to represent pop-punk.
16. Vanessa Minnillo worked on her tan.
17. G-Unit’s Lloyd Banks and Young Buck were there sans 50 Cent.
18. Vin Diesel was there to treat the ladies to a gun show (and also promote The Chronicles of Riddick).
19. And not to be outdone, Ludacris made his grand entrance to the beach house in a Hummer.
No dune buggy for Luda.
20. Luda also gave a performance atop a glamorous lifeguard tower, while surrounded by his fans.
And this girl, who might’ve actually been lost.
Seriously, where are her parents?
21. After his riveting lifeguard tower performance, Luda retreated to the back of the Hummer to talk on his flip phone while checking emails on his SideKick, ‘cause it was 2004 and that was just the way things were done.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- And people with disabilities are having their photos stolen and Facebook isn't helping them.