5. Adam West, who portrayed Batman in the 1960s TV series, was reportedly disappointed that he was not offered a chance to reprise the role — despite the fact that he was 60 years old at the time.
10. After Sean Young dropped out of the role of Vicki Vale, Tim Burton wanted to cast Michelle Pfeiffer in her place. But Michael Keaton objected as he was dating Pfeiffer at the time and believed it would be too awkward.
She went on to portray Catwoman in Batman Returns.
12. Dick Grayson/Robin was originally supposed to appear in a cameo, but the scene was cut as the filmmakers felt he was irrelevant to the plot. The video below is an animated storyboard sequence of how the scene would have appeared:
21. Batman was the highest grossing film based on a DC comic book until 2008’s The Dark Knight.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He thought two of them were Middle Eastern, but they weren't.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝