7. Fourteen of the opening day attractions in the Magic Kingdom are still running.
The 14 attractions are: “Country Bear Jamboree,” “Dumbo the Flying Elephant,” “Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade,” “Jungle Cruise,” “Mad Tea Party,” “Peter Pan’s Flight,” “Prince Charming Regal Carrousel,” “Swiss Family Treehouse,” “The Hall of Presidents,” “The Haunted Mansion,” “Tomorrowland Speedway,” “Walt Disney World Railroad,” “Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room,” and “It’s a Small World.”
8. At one point, the parking lots at the Magic Kingdom were named after six of the seven dwarves. There was never a “Doc” lot because designers thought it would be confused for the ferry docks.
The lots have since been updates, and are all names after popular Disney heroes and villains.
9. Devices called Smellitizers can be found all over Disney parks, and emit scents in certain areas to match the surroundings.
You’ll notice the scent of baking cookies and vanilla around “Main Street, U.S.A.,” salty sea air in line for “Pirates of the Caribbean,” fresh citrus on “Soarin’,” and burning lumber near the scene depicting the fall of Rome on “Spaceship Earth.”
11. The “Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh” attraction replaced the “Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride” attraction, and you can see a painting or Mr. Toad handing the deed over to Mr. Owl in line for the ride.
There’s also an image of Pooh posing with a character named Moley, who appeared in the “Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride” attraction as well.
19. There’s a Galactic Communication Network phone in Tomorrowland that plays messages from around the galaxy.
Some of the messages the phone plays:
“Earth’s Crust Pizza! We deliver anywhere in the solar system in less than two lightyears or your order is free. Can you hold please? Thanks for holding. I had to take that incoming call from Saturn, because they hardly ever give us a ring!”
“Hiya, babe, it’s your agent, Johnny Jupitor. You called? Anyway, I gotta call you right back. I’m in a meeting with my number one client— er, I mean, my number TWO client, Sonny Eclipse. You’re always number one in my book, baby. You know that. Let’s do lunch! Oooh, look at the time! Gotta fly!”
“This is Tomorrowland News Networks Corona Borealis with your local time and weather. As always, it’s going to be a great, big, beautiful tomorrow, and at the tone, the time will be now.”
29. On the “Dinosaur” ride in Animal Kingdom, there are three pipes in the queuing area with chemical formulas printed on them. The formulas on the pipes are for ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise.
The formula on the red pipe is for ketchup, the formula on the yellow pipe is for mustard, and the formula on the white pipe is for mayonnaise. The pipes are left over from the original McDonald’s sponsorship of the ride.
- Canada's Conservatives voted to get rid of a party policy opposing gay marriage 🇨🇦
- Dozens were arrested at a Trump rally in San Diego as protesters clashed with supporters. Trump thanked police for "handling the thugs."
- The World Health Organization has dismissed calls to postpone or cancel this summer's Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro because of the Zika virus.