We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us their most embarrassing graduation moment and the responses will make you laugh, cringe, then laugh again:
1. "My best friend and I both got food poisoning the day before our high school graduation from eating some sketchy pasta. So we spent the entire ceremony using maxi pads...as diapers."
2. "I accidentally puked on the football field during the valedictorian's speech."
3. "I fell off the stage and had to limp back to my seat with my leg bleeding and missing a shoe. There was even an audible 'Ooooh' from the crowd when I fell."
4. "Our school colors were red and white, so the girls wore white graduation gowns and the boys wore red ones. But my uterus totally betrayed me, and my period started a few days before the ceremony. And despite wearing a tampon, a pad, AND a pair of shorts underneath my dress, I still leaked right onto MY WHITE GOWN!"
5. "I delivered the graduation address, and at the end of my speech I said, 'Congratulations, Class of 2013!' It was 2016."
6. "It all started freshman year, when during a game of 'capture the flag,' I tripped and ACCIDENTALLY grabbed this guy's balls. I'd gotten crap about it all through high school, so of course our valedictorian mentioned it during their speech, even demonstrating the actual cupping motion on the graduation stage! I turned bright red as everyone stared at me."
7. "My best friend and I drove away from graduation in my 1986 Volvo, only to have it break down on the side of the road a mile later. So we had to stand beside the smoking engine as all 500 people we just graduated with crept by in bumper-to-bumper traffic, staring."
8. "Both of my divorced parents came to cheer me on, but after the ceremony, each one thought the other one was going to drive me to my graduation dinner...and left. So I stood there alone waiting for someone in my family to realize they'd forgotten the person they were celebrating!"
9. "I was chosen to the give the benediction in front of several thousand people, but at the last minute decided I hated my voice. So I tried what I thought was a nice, softer, gentler tone on the microphone. To this day, all of my friends refer to my delivery as my 'porno voice.'"
10. "I was wearing a high pair of wedges and stepped out of my car into a hole, twisting my ankle and ripping the straps off my shoe — so I had to attend my graduation totally barefoot."
11. "The graduation announcer called me by the wrong name when I crossed the stage. So later in the ceremony, after the president's speech, they just randomly announced my name in the middle of dead silence...and nobody knew what to do."
12. "I am notoriously clumsy, and had fallen off the stage at my high school graduation, missing the steps completely. So at my college graduation, my family was actually placing bets on when I was going to fall. This time, I proudly made it through the whole ceremony without falling...then knocked over the entire backdrop they were using to take pictures of the graduates."
13. "I didn't know graduation was a big deal, so I went alone, wearing casual clothes, only to discover that everyone else had dressed up and brought their entire family."
14. "It was my high school graduation, and the auditorium was so quiet you could hear a pin drop, when all of a sudden, out of the silence, I heard, 'HEY TIFFANY!' I looked behind me to see my dad waving with a video camera."
15. "I had gone camping with my boyfriend the weekend before graduation, and didn't pay attention to which plants were around as I gathered firewood. Turned out there was a lot of poison ivy, which I'm severely allergic to. Needless to say, all of my graduation pictures show me totally swollen, bumpy, and trying desperately not to scratch myself."
16. "I fainted during my high school graduation. When we were called to the stage to accept our diplomas, my row got up...and I went down."
17. "No one told me we would be singing the school song at graduation, and I didn't know that there were hand motions to accompany it. So there I was, in the front row, when all of a sudden everyone starts throwing up hand signs and singing in total unison — I felt like I'd accidentally walked into a cult meeting! I tried to catch up and mouth random words, but it was so fucking obvious that I WAS LOST!"
18. "My family blew air horns when my name was called and totally terrified everyone there."
19. "Minutes before walking across the stage, one sleeve of my dress just randomly fell off. I had to ask the person next to me to quickly rip the other one off before I got onstage!"
20. "My school has a tradition that after receiving our diplomas, every class gives our principal something to remember us by. I was elected to present our principal with a giant sombrero onstage, so I walked all the way across the stage balancing that huge thing with my diploma. But when I finally reached my principal, he didn't want to put it on, so I literally had to wrestle him in front of everyone to get it on his head."
21. "I had a panic attack while waiting in line to enter the auditorium and totally bailed. So my family and friends sat waiting for me to come out...and I never did."
22. "I had recently started taking an anxiety medication which caused me to get drunk quicker than usual. And I decided to let loose at my college graduation, so I brought a small bottle of liquor in my purse and chugged it. Well, halfway through the ceremony, I COMPLETELY BLACKED OUT! My sister informed me later that every time people tried to take my photo, I would squint my eyes, pout my lips and say, 'I'm Kylie Jenner!'"
23. "I sneezed directly on my principal as he handed me my diploma."
24. "It was one of the windiest days of my life, and the wind knocked everything out of my hands and blew my dress up in front of THE ENTIRE GRADUATING CLASS. Trust me, chasing after your cap and gown while also trying to cover all your 'business' on your graduation day is traumatizing."
25. "I decorated my graduation cap backwards. Luckily, my quote was 'I've made a huge mistake,' from Arrested Development."
Some responses have been edited for length and clarity.