17 Cringeworthy Bridezilla Stories That Will Seriously Get Under Your Skin
"The bride kicked the groom's best friend out of the wedding because he lived with his girlfriend, and she wanted the entire bridal party to be 'pure.'"
We recently shared a viral Reddit thread in which bridesmaids told their bridezilla stories, and they were seriously unreal:
Well, our readers chimed in with some pretty awful bridezilla stories of their own, and these are just as bad:
1. "One of my closest friends from college had asked me to be her bridesmaid, and during the 'mandatory' bridesmaid meeting, she warned us not to show up at her wedding 'looking like a bunch of coked-out whores.' She meant wearing natural makeup."
2. "The bride kicked the groom's lifelong best friend out of the wedding party because he lived with his girlfriend and she wanted her entire wedding party to be 'pure.'"
"Nevermind that it was her third marriage, and that the first two ended due to her own infidelity. Well, marriage number three ended the same way. But at least the groom and his friend worked past it and are still best friends."
3. "My cousin made her bridal party — which included my kids —pose for pictures in the pouring rain. She and the groom were the only ones with umbrellas."
4. "I was maid of honor in my friend's wedding, and she originally wanted to have the wedding on the same day as my brother's wedding. So I politely told her that as much as I loved her, I couldn't be there. Well, she called me a few weeks later and said, 'Since I couldn't have my wedding when I wanted to because of YOU, I decided to have it on your birthday — HAPPY BIRTHDAY!'"
5. "I had already been to three dress fittings with a bride when, at the last minute, she scheduled a fourth fitting for herself on the same day my sister was coming into town. I told the bride that we were having a family dinner, and she responded that I needed to make her the priority instead..."
6. "I went to a wedding in which the father of the groom died of a massive heart attack. Well, the bride threw a fit and wouldn't let the groom leave with his father! Instead, she insisted that the wedding go on and not 'ruin her night.'"
7. "The bride was goth, so she insisted on having her wedding as close to Halloween as possible, which is fine, except that she expected all her bridesmaids to learn calligraphy and hand write all of her invitations! We even got hand cramps and burns on our fingers from having to seal them with hot wax!"
8. "Three months before my high school best friend's wedding, I ended up in a coma for three-and-a-half weeks and underwent emergency open heart surgery. Well, after I got out of the hospital, I told my friend that I wouldn't be able to be in her wedding, but that I would try to still attend. She responded that she was disappointed God hadn't healed me by then, and said that I 'must not have had enough faith.'"