Anyone who's ever been in a friend's wedding has had that fear — even if just for a second — that their friend would turn into a bridezilla.
Well Reddit user PuppieWayne asked people who have been bridesmaids to share their bridezilla story, and y'all, these will make you gasp, cringe, and go, "Seriously, WTF?!"
1. "My best friend left me out of her bridal party because I was overweight and her mother thought that would limit bridesmaid dress choices and throw the wedding photos off."
2. "The bride was blonde, and all the bridesmaids were brunette except me, so the bride asked me to dye my hair brown for the wedding because she wanted to be the only blonde."
3. "She reached out after the wedding to ask me how to return my gift for store credit."
4. "She wouldn't let our friend — who had breast cancer and was in chemotherapy — sit down after walking down the aisle."
5. "It was 10 degrees Fahrenheit in February, and the bride insisted on outdoor photos WITHOUT COATS because 'we can't hide the dresses!' Even the photographer told her no, and she pitched a fit!"
6. "I had an ectopic pregnancy in which the baby attached to my fallopian tube, which then burst, and I almost bled to death. Well, my friend got engaged shortly after that pregnancy, and when she asked me to be her bridesmaid, she said that I would be 'required' to wait to try and have another baby until after her wedding..."
"Not because there would be a small child at the wedding, and not even because she didn't want me to be 'fat' at her wedding. But because if I lost another child, it would take the attention away from her engagement and wedding! I was so shocked that I declined and haven't spoken to her since."
7. "After the ceremony was over, the bride informed us that in order to save money, the wedding party wouldn't be served a meal along with the rest of the guests. She said, 'You already had the privilege of being in my wedding —what more can you ask for?'"
8. "The father of the bride had a heart attack, and as he was being carried out on the stretcher, the sobbing bride yelled, 'How could you ruin my wedding like this?!'"
9. "The bride — who was one of my best friends and very frugal — asked me and her other bridesmaid to HAND-MAKE all of her wedding decorations!"
10. "I lost some weight between the time I agreed to be a bridesmaid and the wedding. Well, the bride threw me out of the wedding party because she wanted to be the skinny one on the stage!"
11. "My ex-best friend tried to make me and another bridesmaid walk down the uneven outdoor aisle WITHOUT OUR GLASSES, saying they would 'ruin the aesthetic' of her wedding!"
12. "The bride had 16 bridesmaids, and she wanted 16 different styles of dresses in 16 different shades of blue for each of the bridesmaids. She threw a fit when the store didn't have quite that many options."
13. "My best friend just got kicked out of a wedding because she couldn't afford to spend the $1,500 to go to the bachelorette party. The bride told her to take out a credit card to pay for it!"
14. "I couldn't attend my friend's last-minute destination wedding because I had to travel to visit my dad — who was dying of cancer — to handle hospice arrangements. She was pissed, and tried to guilt-trip me because I couldn't afford both plane flights. That was the end of our friendship."
15. "She had her bachelorette party the same weekend as my birthday, but we weren't allowed to do anything for my birthday on the trip, not even mention it. Well, on my actual birthday, some of my friends got some balloons and a little cake from the hotel. They tried to keep it a secret, but Bridezilla came into the room, saw everything, went completely silent, then walked out, pissed."
16. "The bride was super controlling about RSVPs. If people hadn't responded before the RSVP date came, she would have a panic attack. For example, if the RSVP date was Oct. 1, she was panicking by Sept. 20. So the bridesmaids had to call people and tell them the bride was having a panic attack because they hadn't responded yet."
17. "My wife's best friend is a florist, and she gifted her services to her friend's wedding. Well, afterward, the bride and her mom got pissy at her because she didn't give them an additional gift. Let's conveniently forget the $1,000 in floral products she gifted to the wedding! It's a rift that has never been healed."
18. "She kicked someone out of the wedding party who couldn't make it bridesmaid dress shopping because she was sick and had to go to the hospital."
19. "The final straw for me was when the bride demanded to see the toast I'd written...so she could edit it."
Do you have a bridezilla story from wedding you were in or attended? Tell us about it in the comments, and you could be featured in a future BuzzFeed post!
Some responses have been edited for length and clarity.