Welcome to Day 9 of the Goodful Two-Week Healthy Eating Challenge! Need to reference our main guide? Click here for the rules, menu, and other information.
Note: You may want to prep some of these recipes ahead of time, especially based on your schedule and lifestyle. Take a look at all the menus beforehand!
Disclaimer: Nutritional info provided is per serving. Please read descriptions carefully before cooking!
If you want to follow along with this challenge by getting each day's meal plans emailed to you for the next 14 days, enter your email address below. It's totally free!
If you can't see the sign-up box above, you can enter your email address here.
1 large egg
Pinch of salt
PInch of ground black pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
3 small corn tortillas
Mild salsa, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
2. In a bowl, add the eggs, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine.
3. Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook until barely set, about 1 minute.
4. Turn off the heat and the cheese and black beans, stirring to combine.
5. Divide the egg mixture evenly between three tortillas.
6. Roll the tortillas into a cigar shape. Place the taquitos on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet, seam side down, and bake for 10 minutes until barely crispy.
7. Serve with salsa for dipping.
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon salt
Pinch of ground black pepper
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into ½-inch pieces
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pear, sliced
2 cups baby spinach
1 tablespoon dried cranberries
2 tablespoons toasted, unsalted walnuts, chopped
1. Mix the vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. On a cutting board, season the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.
3. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 4 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, add the sliced pear, spinach, cranberries, walnuts, and cooked chicken and dress with the vinaigrette.
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt, divided
¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
1 large egg
2 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
½ teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 small clove)
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 ½ cups diced eggplant (about half a small eggplant)
1 cup crushed tomatoes, with juice
1 slice fresh mozzarella
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190˚C).
2. Combine flour with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper in a wide bowl. Crack egg into another bowl, whisk it, and place bread crumbs into a third bowl.
3. Coat chicken in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs.
4. Heat 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breast until crispy and golden, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
5. Add remaining olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and eggplant to pan and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
6. Add remaining salt and pepper and crushed tomatoes. Remove pan from heat, top with chicken breast, and place mozzarella on top.
7. Bake until cheese is melted, about 12 minutes.
8. Garnish with chopped basil.
¾ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon water
12 large strawberries
½ cup roasted, unsalted almonds, chopped
1. Combine Greek yogurt, honey, and water in a small bowl and stir to combine.
2. Dip the strawberries into the yogurt mixture, ensuring they are fully coated.
3. Dip the yogurt-covered strawberries in the chopped almonds, and place on a parchment paper–lined sheet tray.
4. Freeze for 2 hours.