Day 12 Of The Goodful 2-Week Healthy Eating Challenge 2018
This is Day 12 of the Goodful Two-Week Healthy Eating Challenge. Click here to get a rundown of the whole program.
Welcome to Day 12 of the Goodful Two-Week Healthy Eating Challenge! Need to reference our main guide? Click here for the rules, menu, and other information.
Note: You may want to prep some of these recipes ahead of time, especially based on your schedule and lifestyle. Take a look at all the menus beforehand!
Disclaimer: Nutritional info provided is per serving. Please read descriptions carefully before cooking!
If you want to follow along with this challenge by getting each day's meal plans emailed to you for the next 14 days, enter your email address below. It's totally free!
If you can't see the sign-up box above, you can enter your email address here.
1 small sweet potato
2 tablespoons almond butter
½ banana, sliced
1 tablespoon roasted, unsalted almonds, chopped
1 tablespoon blueberries
1 teaspoon honey
1. Using a fork, poke holes on the top of the sweet potato.
2. Microwave on high for 10 minutes, or until the potato can be easily pierced with a knife.
3. Gently slice the sweet potato in half, lengthwise, and spread almond butter on each side. Top with banana slices, almonds, and blueberries, and drizzle with honey.
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon ginger, minced
¼ teaspoon cornstarch
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup broccoli florets
2 cups cauliflower florets
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into ½-inch pieces
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon green onions, sliced, divided
⅔ cup red cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, diced
1 teaspoon toasted white sesame seeds
1. In a bowl, add the soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic, ginger, cornstarch, and black pepper and whisk until well combined.
2. Microwave broccoli on high for 1 minute.
3. Add the cauliflower to a food processor and pulse until it is the size of rice.
4. On a cutting board, season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
5. Heat olive oil in a large pan or wok over high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes.
6. Add the teriyaki sauce and bring to a simmer.
7. Add ¼ cup green onions, red cabbage, and carrots and cook for 30 seconds.
8. Add cauliflower and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add broccoli and remove from heat.
9. Top with sesame seeds and remaining green onions.
1 cup Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
½ cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lemon, thinly sliced and deseeded
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
½ teaspoon salt, plus more to season
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to season
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
¼ teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
2. In a large bowl, add the Brussels sprouts, chickpeas, olive oil, lemon slices, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper and toss to combine.
3. Transfer to a parchment paper–lined sheet tray and place the chicken breast on top.
4. Season the chicken breast with paprika and additional salt and pepper.
5. Bake until chicken is cooked through and Brussels sprouts are tender, about 20 minutes.
1 Golden Delicious apple, thinly sliced
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 250˚F (120˚C).
2. Place apple slices on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon and salt.
3. Bake for 40 minutes, until the apples are slightly browned.
4. Cool completely before serving.