Day 4 Of The Goodful 2-Week Healthy Eating Challenge 2018
This is Day 4 of the Goodful Two-Week Healthy Eating Challenge. Click here to get a rundown of the whole program.
Welcome to Day 4 of the Goodful Two-Week Healthy Eating Challenge! Need to reference our main guide? Click here for the rules, menu, and other information.
Note: You may want to prep some of these recipes ahead of time, especially based on your schedule and lifestyle. Take a look at all the menus beforehand!
Disclaimer: Nutritional info provided is per serving. Please read descriptions carefully before cooking!
If you want to follow along with this challenge by getting each day's meal plans emailed to you for the next 14 days, enter your email address below. It's totally free!
If you can't see the sign-up box above, you can enter your email address here.
⅓ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 small banana, sliced and frozen, plus more for serving
1 cup frozen strawberries, plus more for serving
1 tablespoon unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
1 tablespoon toasted pumpkin seeds
1. In a blender, combine the Greek yogurt, almond milk, banana, and strawberries and blend until smooth.
2. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, and additional sliced banana and strawberries.
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes
¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
4 small corn tortillas
¼ cup radishes, thinly sliced
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Add the chicken breast, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, chili powder, salt, onion powder, and black pepper to a slow cooker set on low.
2. Cook for about 6 hours, and shred chicken with a fork.
3. Fill each tortilla with shredded chicken, topped with radishes, red onion, and cilantro.
4. Serve with lime wedges.
Juice of 1 lime
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon honey
¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon salt
Pinch of ground black pepper
4 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cups baby spinach
⅓ cup corn
⅓ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
½ red onion, thinly sliced
½ avocado, diced
1. In a bowl, add the lime juice, olive oil, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine.
2. In a separate bowl, add the shrimp, chili powder, salt, and pepper and toss until the shrimp is fully coated.
3. Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the shrimp and cook until they start to curl and turn pink, about 2 minutes.
4. In a bowl, add the spinach, corn, black beans, tomatoes, red onion, avocado, and shrimp and toss to combine.
5. Drizzle with the lime vinaigrette.
1 apple, cored and cut into 6¼-inch thick slices
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons raisins
2 tablespoons roasted, unsalted peanuts, chopped
2 tablespoons unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
1. Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on each apple slice.
2. Top with 1 teaspoon of raisins, chopped peanuts, and coconut flakes. Repeat with remaining slices.