1. If you’re a parent-to-be and are having trouble naming your future child, awesomebabyname.com is here to help you.
The website is actually the result from a weekend hackathon project from Finbarr Taylor and Karen X. Cheng, who both work at Waffle, a yet to be launched video messaging app.
2. The website helps you decide on a name based on what domain names are available with your last name.
“We first built the website because we wanted people to have a laugh and thought people would love it,” said Cheng to BuzzFeed. “But we also realized it is hard for someone with a common name to try and distinguish yourself on the internet.”
3. The website, which launched yesterday, has already been used by “over 2,000 parents,” said Cheng.
If you enjoy one of the names chosen for your future baby, you can buy a variety of domains from namecheap.com. The regular .com domain runs for $10.69 a year whereas a .io domain is $58.88 a year.
4. While it’s fun deciding what names your child should have, it’s more fun to see what’s available for children of celebrities.
Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling, who are expecting, should definitely go for these names (while they’re are still available)!
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.