1. You've been asked "HOW do you not like Harry Potter?!" so many times, you've lost count.
2. And it's painful to hear, "you only don't like it because you've never tried to."
3. Your friends are always shoving theories in your face, when you don't even know the original story anyway.
4. And you quickly scroll past every article about the ~insane things~ J.K. Rowling says about character backstories.
5. You can never tell people which house you're in, because you don't even know all of their names.
6. You're irritated when people complain they haven't gotten their Hogwarts letter.
7. Your Harry Potter-loving friends have called you a "Muggle" — which isn't, and never was, a funny joke.
8. You don't know which Quidditch position you'd play, because you know nothing about Quidditch at all.
9. You don't know how to answer, "What's your Patronus?!" — because you don't know what that even means.
10. You are constantly having to convince people that there's nothing ~wrong~ with you.
11. People always ask, "did you even have a childhood?" and we just have to sit there and take it.
12. You're constantly being judged for not reading the books, even if you have seen the movies.
13. And everyone's always telling you that you have bad taste in entertainment.
14. You've been told that if you don't like Harry Potter, you're not a real geek. Like, OK?
15. You roll your eyes when you hear, "Just give it a chance, and you'll become obsessed!"
16. And people think they're doing you a huge honor by offering to watch them all with you.
17. You don't know what a Horcrux is.
18. You don't know what the big deal is about the phrase "Always."
19. You’re a wizard at avoiding all Harry Potter-related articles on social media.
20. And people look at you with a burning hatred when you say you know nothing about the series.
21. But you're totally OK with not being a Harry Potter fan, because everyone has their obsessions — and this just isn't yours.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.