Here Are The Best Gifts Under $25 To Give In 2020
An *NSYNC marble notebook, red wine sheet masks, a baguette keyboard rest, and so much more.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
🎁 Hey! While we’re doing our best to make sure the products we feature will arrive in time for Christmas, shipping times are especially tricky this year and can vary depending on where you live, which product you purchase, and more. Shop early and be sure to double check the retailers’ websites for shipping information to ensure that your gift will arrive in time for the 25th!) 🎁
1. A LAPCOS sheet mask available in a variety of formulas to tackle different skincare concerns. We highly recommend the red wine and escargot masks, the latter of which uses snail filtrate and chamomile flower to soothe irritation. Talk about ~slimy yet satisfying~.
2. A Dobby figurine that one reviewer is using in lieu of Elf on the Shelf this year and in the words of Ron himself, ~brilliant~. This little guy has bendable limbs and can be comfortably placed in any nook or cranny throughout their home.
3. A Friends letter board for the pal who *needs* to get a new show already but alas, probably won't. This iconic kit comes with 145 letters and Central Perk-approved icons destined to win the title of ~best gift ever~.
4. A memory foam keyboard rest shaped like a baguette — I mean, what more is there to say? The only thing I'd enjoy more than the below is, well, an actual loaf of bread. This even comes delivered in a bread bag.
5. A super soft throw blanket they can cozy up under during yet *another* binge-a-thon involving The Office. No judgement. But I'm pretty sure they can recite every line of every episode of every season.
6. Fluffy cross-band slippers so they can trot around their house in comfort *and* style. These babies are designed with a durable bottom for outdoor use, come in a bunch of different colors and prints, plus are ultra soft and will feel like a hug against their hooves.
7. Tower 28 Daily Rescue Facial Spray – it revitalizes skin with three simple ingredients: hypochlorous acid, water, and sodium chloride. They can give their complexion a spritz of this trio to cleanse, soothe redness, and calm irritation. Reviewers even *swear* by this product for combatting maskne and IMO, this makes for the perfect stocking stuffer.
8. A Lego movie activity kit here to inspire the next generation of Spielbergs. This includes all the tools they need (plus access to the accompanying app) for creating their very own stop-animation film and excuse me, as someone who took an intro to film class in college, I conclude that this is a great gift for children and adults alike.
9. A tub of matcha powder for the pal that hates coffee, but still wants to feel awake in their Monday AM Zoom meeting. Presenting their new favorite gift! They'll be able to whisk this into latte perfection for a tasty drink that is said to enhance focus and energy.
10. A magical hook hanger because they are always losing their keys and, unfortunately, are not amongst the select few who will be attending Hogwarts next year. No spell chanting will save them. This will save them so much time in the long run — no overturned couch cushions involved.
11. A sterling silver knot ring here to really tie the ~knot~ when it comes to getting the compliment of best gift ever. It's perfectly dainty, goes with any style wardrobe, and reviewers swear it won't leave behind the dreaded green line.
12. An automatic pan stirrer about to revolutionize the cooking routine you both share. This clever gadget designed with a timer!) churns away at sauces and other whisk-requiring ingredients, aka their arm will be saved from the pain that is continuous and tedious stirring.
13. An eyeshadow palette inspired by the one, the only — Baby Yoda. While this gift has extreme kitsch factor, one should note that the shades are *actually* good! Think matte to metallic olive greens and neutral tones, all super blendable and pigmented. The force is truly strong.
14. A fill-in-the-blank journal so mushy, it's basically a foolproof way to put a gigantic smile on their face. Prepare to jot down your favorite memories, their best qualities, and how you plan on being when you ~grow old~ together.
15. An electric wine opener with a cordless, rechargeable design that uncorks bottles in a jiffy: Just the press the button and 'tis done in only seven seconds. Their $7 bottle of vino awaits. One single charge = enough power to open 80 bottles.
16. BuzzFeed's Tasty Adulting cookbook because anyone can cook — they just haven't had the proper tutor yet. This chronicles 75 easy peasy recipes that walks them through cooking ~foundations~ and helps them master the classics (think the perfect skirt steak).
17. A W&P Porter ceramic mug as gorgeous as it is useful (I mean this screams Pinterest board). This is reusable, has a protective silicone sleeve, and comes with a secure lid press which makes this the perfect companion for daily morning strolls.
18. A Nostalgia toaster here to deliver the perfect grilled cheese every 👏 single 👏 time 👏. If only Andy Sachs had one of these bad boys: Maybe she would have dumped her whiney chef boyfriend had it not been for the Jarlsberg presented on a silver platter.
19. A Tequila Mockingbird cocktail kit to turn your book-obsessed soulmate into a professional mixologist. This inexpensive kit comes with two swizzle sticks, a bartender's jigger to measure out drinks, and a shortened version of the original book (which outlines15 drink recipes and notes about which books inspired them).
20. A desktop tetherball kit to transport your childhood friend back to middle school gym class (but like, in a good way). This neat little gift comes with a tetherball pole and a 32-page illustrated mini book that discusses all the ~fun history~ behind the game. TBH this is very much the only sports gift I'd be happy to receive.
21. A Nintendo Gameboy keychain so they can relive that glorious moment of that first Brock defeat (with water and grass Pokémon, obvs) whenever they reach for their keys.
22. A ~Fasta Pasta~ cooker for the S/O who *insists* on eating Italian every night. This makes perfect al dente pasta right in the microwave every single time, plus the lid doubles as a strainer! So long to the 10 pots and pans that end up in their sink whenever they want a plate of penne.
23. A gift assortment of Popbar hot chocolate sticks to upgrade their favorite winter beverage and holiday tradition into something slightly more luxe than Swiss Miss (no shade to Swiss Miss). 10/10 would swirl this around in my coffee, too.
24. A tinted lip oil available in three shades: ruby, fig, and blossom. One swipe means a quick flush of color *and* moisture thanks to a formula packed with jojoba, camellia, and sesame oils.
25. Stainless-steel cuff links personalized with their initial which means *wipes away eyebrow sweat* they won't even suspect that you waited until last minute to purchase their gift.
26. A Bushwick Kitchen Bees Knees available in four delicious flavors — because you thought your meal was already good, but think again. Wildflower honey infused with extra ingredients like citrus and habanero peppers will make your tastebuds feel like they haven't been *living* until now.
27. A medallion pendant necklace about to become the pièce de résistance of their entire wardrobe. This dainty accessory is versatile enough to be worn every day, but the intricate designs still make it feel entirely unique.
28. A 2021 day-to-day boxed calendar — each day presents a new question and wager amount, aka you can keep track of your score throughout the week (or year). This is their training until finally coming face-to-face with the great Alex Trebek himself.
29. Pointed toe flats for a gift that looks *way* more expensive than it actually is. These basic beauties come in five colors and prints, plus are a great option for when they want to look put-together but don't want to subject their feet to the torture that is a pair of heels.
30. A science activity kit that transforms rubbish to robots! This contains everything they'll need to create their own motorized robot out of a used can, including detailed and easy-to-understand instructions. "IT'S ALIVE!" —me to the Dr Pepper can I Frankenstein.
31. A Cadbury chocolate box stuffed to the brim with 10 delicious, full-sized bars (including the beloved dairy milk caramel bar). Plus, they're shipped from the UK so their taste buds will feel like they're riding the tube past Big Ben with every bite.
32. An I Dew Care wash-off mask that that smells (and looks!) as delicious as a funfetti slice. Sending them birthday cake skincare with moisturizing hyaluronic acid and squalane > an actual birthday cake, and I mean that with every ounce of my being.
33. A calligraphy guide book for anyone looking to improve their penmanship and eventually create their own Etsy shop. These easy-to-follow instructions will turn their doodles and scribbles into a work of legible art. Da Vinci? We (we in this context = me and my eyebrows) don't know him.
34. A multipurpose glass kitchen board that adds a ton of style, but does *not* take up a lot of space. This functions as a trivet for hot pots and plates, makes for the ideal cutting board, and is the perfect way to display fruits, meats, and cheeses. Talk about a gouda gift, eh?
35. A Fjallraven Kanken pen case crafted with a sturdy fabric that won't wear and tear the moment it gets overpacked. Factor in that solid quality to a simple-but-great design, and you've got yourself the best practical gift ever.
36. Wood prints so you can transform their favorite photos of their favorite people into full-blown works of art. Not required but highly recommended: forgetting wedding memories or best friend group shots, a wood print of their pet.
37. A retro hotel keychain inspired by their favorite fictional TV-and-movie locations — think the Grand Budapest Hotel, Shady Pines, Dragonfly Inn, and more. They even have a ~key~ to Bates Motel but 10/10 would avoid buying at all costs.
38. A Jane Austen planter pot that would make any bibliophile shed tears of joy regardless of their pride (and prejudice). If they love books but hate greenery, they can use this to store makeup, dish sponges, keys, and more. The possibilities are endless.
40. Popcornopolis cone packs presented in super festive packaging, sure. But the real treat is the variety of popcorn itself — caramel corn, cheddar cheese popcorn, kettle corn, and zebra corn, the latter of which is drizzled with melted white and dark chocolate.
41. A one-line-a-day journal that will encourage them to jot down the day's main event for five years. The result? A completed time capsule that will serve as both a memory book and an opportunity at self-reflection.
42. A tie-dye kit because there's no use in fighting it — a ton of ROY G. BIV is all anyone wants from their loungewear these days. No judgement. This kit contains enough stuff to complete up to 30 projects, supplying detailed instructions and five squeezable dye bottles.
43. A Clinique gift set dubbed the ~turn it up, take it off~ because it's got eye essentials for both day and night. They'll receive a lightweight eye cream-gel, a volumizing and lengthening black mascara, plus a cult-favorite cleansing balm (it transforms into an oil that quickly removes all traces of makeup, including stubborn mascara).
44. A dozen peppermint bark truffles made with double chocolate chip cake, crushed candy cane bits, red and chocolate sprinkles, and minty sand. Plus, these hail from the iconic Milk Bar in New York City — it's basically a trip to the old Big Apple in dessert form.
45. A slightly off-shoulder top for the person who aspires to wear more color but alas, likely never will. Say bonjour to their new favorite go-to in all the land.
46. A NYX shadow palette equipped with 16 pigmented hues here to take their hand and lead them to greener pastures, aka an eye look that is slightly more bold. From deep burgundies to shimmery coppers, this affordable palette is the perfect gift for any makeup lover.
47. A classic marble notebook that pays subtle tribute to the artists formerly known as *NYSYNC. Perhaps they ring a bell? Justin, Chris, Joey, Lance, and JC? Quite frankly it's tearin' up my heart that I don't already own this.
48. A mini cross-stitch kit for a hobby that *isn't* Netflix. This includes everything they need to start on one of four The Nightmare Before Christmas designs: a tiny 32-page book with instructions, three pieces of cotton cloth, an embroidery hoop, and embroidery thread.
49. e.l.f. Poreless Putty Primer – it blurs pores, mattifies excess oil, and offers light coverage with one swipe! It wears well under foundation, plus is great to slather on when you're pressed for time but want a bright, dewy complexion. This buzz-worthy gift is widely considered an A+ dupe for more expensive primers on the market.
50. A tinted multi-purpose salve to hydrate their pout, because the wind has returned and painfully dry lips have returned with it. This is available in several scents, but cheers to the newest limited-edition flavor: fig. It leaves behind a beautiful coral tint for just a flush of color.
51. Ribbed knit leggings so cozy, even their leggings will start to feel stiff. These are ideal for lounging around and doing nothing, but the tapered design also makes for a très trendy ~put-together but still comfortable~ look.
52. A copy of Quackery: A Brief History of the Worst Ways to Cure Everything, a fantastical (and morbidly funny) glimpse into the history of medicine.
53. Vinyl record coasters to keep their Ikea furniture protected in style. Music buffs will rejoice at the idea of their coffee mugs being graced by the likes of Pink Floyd, Elton John, and The Beatles.
54. A scratch-off bucket list so they never have to answer the dreaded question of "What should we watch?" ever again. This poster contains 100 cult classics in ever genre ranging from Monsters Inc. to American Beauty, meaning they'll save a ton of time that would have been otherwise squandered on Netflix scrolling.
55. A Star Wars silicone spatula inspired by the likes of Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, and light sabers. Rest assured that this force will be with you ~always~ — it's dishwasher-safe and won't get mangled in the top rack.
56. A checklist notepad quaintly designed with a chicken illustration and an accompanying "to-doodle-do" text that has warmed my holiday-hating heart. Guess who just figured out what to buy their farm animal-obsessed grandmother? Hint: the answer is me.
57. A BPA-free Nalgene water bottle with a screw-top lid, dishwasher-safe plastic, and etched-in measurements that let you keep track of exactly how much water you've sipped. This acts as a subtle reminder to stay hydrated, folks.
58. A wall mounted plant pot so fun that perhaps they'll actually remember to gee, I don't know, actually water all the greenery they purchased this year.
59. A Nostalgia toaster here to deliver the perfect grilled cheese every 👏 single 👏 time 👏. If only Andy Sachs had one of these bad boys: maybe she would have dumped her whiney chef boyfriend had it not been for the Jarlsberg presented on a silver platter.
60. A classic Strawberry Shortcake doll for the ultimate throwback gift! This ~berry~ cute toy was re-released in honor of its 40th birthday, comes in a collectible gift box, and has the same iconic strawberry scent for a 10/10 snuggle experience.
61. The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter – it turns removing makeup into a luxurious bedtime ritual thanks to a rich, creamy chamomile formula. This scoffs in the face of stubborn mascara, removing every last drop of product from your face with ease — now tell them to put down the makeup wipes. They're better than that.
62. A mini cake pop maker about to upgrade their dessert game in a major way. This lightweight gadget uses non-stick baking plates so they can whip up to nine bite-sized treats at a time.
63. Out of Print toddler socks for the littlest bébé in your circle. To be honest, this is more of a gift for yourself. I mean, their little feet! In these little library socks! It's the joy we need in 2020.
64. Nonprescription computer glasses that block the pesky blue light seeping in from your monitor (blue light = the potential culprit behind your mid-afternoon headaches made worse by nonstop Excel sheets and "per my last email" responses).
65. A Cosmedica rose gold serum to deliver some major "I drink a ton of water" vibes. A blend of hyaluronic acid and aloe offers balanced hydration and visibly brighter skin, even giving their complexion a touch of illumination. They can apply this bb with foundation or as a subtle highlight.
66. A buttering knife designed with a curved stainless-steel blade to ensure that the corn-to-butter ratio is *chef's kiss*. The edge of the knife is also perfect for cutting into a stick or for scooping a buttery vat straight outta the tub.
67. A tiny USB cactus humidifier that adds moisture to the air and combats dryness with ease. They can say sayonara to chapped lips, irritated sinuses, dehydrated complexions, and common cold symptoms with this adorable desk accessory.
68. Thick wool socks, aka a warm hug for their feet because who says toes don't deserve a good snuggle? Plus, these will do a good job at keeping their hooves feeling warm without making 'em sweaty. TL;DR, that's no small feat.
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.