1. The latest star atop the annual “Vogue Best Dressed” list is Emma Stone.
This is a special issue put out by Vogue once a year. Enthusing over people who wear clothes they thoroughly approve of is most momentously done, you see, in an organized listicle packaged into a paper magazine.
3. In 2010, during its Blake Lively obsession phase*, “Vogue” gave Blake Lively the “Best Dressed” title.
Which means they’ve anointed a new blonde trinity! (If you count the Olsens as one.)
*This may be ongoing, but it’s also completely possible she’s been replaced by, say, Rihanna.
4. Rachel McAdams was the best at wearing clothes according to “Vogue” in 2009.
Before the magazine started doing a special issue for the year’s best dressers, the storied list would appear in the January issue, with the best-dressed star on the cover. So in ‘09 we had Rachel — another white blonde!
9. 2004 was the only year of the past 10 that a nonwhite celeb reigned supreme at clothes-wearing, per “Vogue.”
J. Lo! I think she’s only improved her style since then. (If you disagree, 1) I will fight you, and 2) I have one word for you: jumpsuits, which she wears the hell out of.)
10. And in 2003, then-blonde-brunette hybrid Jennifer Aniston got the cover.
We’ve been debating over here at BuzzFeed Shift whether this hair shade is in fact blonde or brunette (the consensus is that it’s probably safer to categorize as brunette but it’s still debatable, maybe, and besides: What of color correction?).
So in sum, over the past 10 years of the “Vogue Best Dressed”:
• 6.5 blondes (counting the Olsens as one)
• 1 nonwhite winner
- Two weeks until Nov 8, there is no shortage of election forecasts. BuzzFeed's data reporters break down what the numbers mean.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but federal officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️