This morning, Twitter announced its end-of-year statistics for 2017. Among those statistics were the 10 most retweeted tweets of the year, and the three most liked tweets in the world this year. Here are the Top 10 Most Retweeted Tweets of 2017:
10. Seth Joesph, a former Viner and self-described social influencer, tweeted about suicide prevention.
9. Detroit Lions punter Sam Martin pledged to donate 6 pounds of dog food for every retweet he received (capped at $10,000) to Houston after the city was devastated by Hurricane Harvey.
8. Barack Obama tweeted on his last day in office as president of the United States.
7. Traditionally, the NBA Champions visit the White House, but Golden State Warrior Steph Curry voiced hesitation about taking part in the trip this year. President Donald Trump took to Twitter to rescind the offer. So Cleveland Cavalier and NBA legend LeBron James tweeted his own thoughts.
6. Linkin Park tweeted a photo of lead singer Chester Bennington after he killed himself at age 41.
5. Obama tweeted the final line of his farewell address after delivering the full speech at McCormick Place in Chicago.
4. After a terrorist attack in Manchester, England, killed 22 people attending an Ariana Grande concert, the pop star used Twitter to voice her feelings.
3. The Pennsylvania State University Interfraternity Council tweeted and pledged to donate 15 cents to Houston relief efforts for every retweet it received.
2. After several hundred white nationalists marched on the University of Virginia campus in Charlottesville, Obama tweeted the below message.
1. And 16-year-old Carter Wilkerson nabbed the top spot with not just the most retweeted tweet of 2017, but the most retweeted tweet of all time — by simply asking Wendy's for a year's supply of free chicken nuggets.
He got the nuggs.