19 Movie Roles That Should Never Be Recast, Because The Original Actors Were So Perfect
Don't even think about it, Hollywood.
Look, there are some actors who go beyond just PLAYING a character. Instead, they BECOME the character.
Well, recently redditor Haggerstonian asked, "Which actor portrayed a character so well, no other actor could ever replace them?" and it really highlighted how incredible some of these performances are! "Irreplaceable," in fact!
So with that in mind, here are just a few of the actors whose character portrayals could, 100%, never be topped:
1. J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson in the Spider-Man trilogy
2. Will Smith as Agent J in Men in Black (1999)
3. Imelda Staunton as Dolores Umbridge in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
4. Tim Curry as Dr. Frankenfurter in The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)
5. Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy as the Sanderson sisters in Hocus Pocus (1993)
6. R. Lee Ermey as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Full Metal Jacket (1987)
7. Mandy Patinkin as Inigo Montoya in The Princess Bride (1987)
8. Samuel L. Jackson as Jules in Pulp Fiction (1994)
9. Kathy Bates as Annie Wilkes in Misery (1990)
10. Martin Freeman AND Ian Holm as Bilbo Baggins in The Lord of the Rings trilogy
11. Tom Hiddleston as Loki in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
12. Robert England as Freddy Krueger in the A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise
13. Julie Andrews as Mary Poppins in Mary Poppins (1964)
14. Danny Glover as Albert in The Color Purple (1985)
15. Robert Shaw as Quint in Jaws (1975)
16. Helen Mirren as Queen Elizabeth II in The Queen (2006)
17. John Cazale as Fredo in The Godfather trilogy
18. Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley in Alien (1979)
19. And finally, Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa in Black Panther (2018)
Now it's your turn! What's one role that an actor portrayed so perfectly that they could NEVER be replaced? Share yours in the comments below!
Some responses were edited for length and/or clarity. H/T Reddit.