We all have that one movie that we absolutely LOVED when we first watched it but found way too sad, disturbing, and/or just plain weird to ever watch again.
Well, this week, redditor u/uakambie asked, "What movie is so good you'd recommend it to all your friends, but so emotionally traumatic that you'll never watch it again?" and all of their responses were 100% right.
So, with that in mind, here are just a handful of the movies that people would recommend you see at least once, but could never watch again themselves:
1. Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
2. Grave of the Fireflies (1988)
3. Moonlight (2016)
4. The Pianist (2002)
5. Full Metal Jacket (1987)
6. Leaving Las Vegas (1995)
7. We Need to Talk About Kevin (2011)
8. Requiem for a Dream (2000)
9. Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father (2008)
10. Nocturnal Animals (2016)
11. What Dreams May Come (1998)
12. Dancer in the Dark (2000)
13. Nightcrawler (2014)
14. Manchester by the Sea (2016)
15. The Road (2009)
16. Midsommar (2019)
17. The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)
18. Melancholia (2011)
19. Jojo Rabbit (2019)
20. Dead Poets Society (1989)
21. Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012)
22. Steel Magnolias (1989)
23. Brokeback Mountain (2005)
24. A Clockwork Orange (1971)
25. Sorry to Bother You (2018)
26. The Game (1997)
27. And finally: Promising Young Woman (2020)
Now it's your turn! What's a movie that's so good, you'd recommend that everyone watch it once, but you couldn't ever personally bring yourself to watch it again? Share your pick in the comments below!
NOTE: Some responses were edited for length and/or clarity. H/T: Reddit.