31 Dresses For Anyone Who Just Wants A New Dress
Might not need it, but you definitely want it.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A sweatshirt dress with pockets that'll be so cozy, you'll never want to take it off. Overall it'll fit loose, so it's perfect for all-day comfort when you're out and about running errands or spending more time in the car.
2. A long-sleeve velvet number you'll fall in love with instantly. The sheer shoulders allow you to show off a bit of skin without freezing your butt off, plus it also has pockets. *GASPS*
3. A curve-hugging bodycon dress for those nights you feel like wearing something a bit more form-fitting. Bodycon dresses may not be the easiest to walk in, but that's a small price to pay for how incredible you'll look.
4. A velvet bow mini dress that's equal parts sophistication and flirtatious fun. The bandeau-styled top will hug you securely so you don't have to constantly hike the dress up as you bounce around the dance floor.
5. A flared skater dress with a delicate scalloped hem you'll want to twirl in all night long. The material is lightweight, but will still provide enough warmth during the colder months, especially when worn with a pair of tights!
6. A colorful floral number so you can rock some muted color without it being in your face. It also features some subtle ruching on the side for an accented waist.
7. A lace dress for those nights when you feel like dressing up and strutting your stuff. You can wear it fully off the shoulders or pulled up a bit to get more coverage up top.
8. A ruffle wrap dress to wear around the holidays for either a work party or more formal family dinner. It has a polished feel, so you can easily dress it up with heels and statement earrings.
9. A long-sleeve, V-neck dress, because everyone should have a favorite dress in their closet. It'll hit right at the knee so it can be worn in a professional setting.
10. A timeless off-the-shoulder dress with a swing skirt so you always have an elegant staple in your closet. It can span seasons with ease so you won't have to pack it away for half the year.
11. A ruffled party dress with a neck tie that'll provide a wonderful pop of color. The material is incredibly breathable, so no, you won't sweat profusely while wearing. Back sweat no more.
12. A button-up A-line midi dress so you can rock a vintage vibe in a classy way. Everyone deserves a desk-to-dinner dress they can always depend on.
13. A backless dress to make you feel all types of edgy. With a fitted bodice and side slit, it'll take your street style up a few notches.
14. A ruched, long-sleeve bodycon dress for anyone who loves a little bit of mini dress action when out on the town. The sheer sleeves elevate the look so you could easily wear it to your bestie's birthday dinner.
15. A pink dress accented with adorable pom poms you can wear to that Sunday brunch you planned. Or on an all-day shopping spree. Or to meet your partner's parents for the first time.
16. A polka dot, flared-sleeve dress so you can play with pattern on days you'd rather keep the color to a minimum. The fabric is a certain type of scuba knit fabric that'll move and breathe with you, plus provide extra stretch.
17. A ruffle dress that'll leave you looking adorable with minimal effort during every season. Just pair with a jean jacket in the fall, stockings in the winter, a light cardigan in the spring, and sandals in the summer.
18. A corduroy mini dress to layer over your favorite sweater, with or without tights. It'll take you back to those childhood overalls your mom used to make you rock, but like, a much chicer version.
19. A sequined short sleeve dress you'll catch everyone's eye in because of its sparkle. It's an ideal NYE option so you can ring in the new year with a bit of shine.
20. A backless cocktail dress to let you bare some skin up top, but still get coverage on the bottom. If you're looking to show off some newly tanned skin post winter getaway, this is the option to rock.
21. A chiffon cape dress that'll drape beautifully over a more fitted layer. It'll provide full coverage, but will still make you feel glamorous.
22. A formal evening dress, because everyone should attend at least one black-tie event in their life, right?! This dress will make you want to experience a red carpet moment asap.
23. A striped three-quarter sleeve dress that'll be so easy to pair with a jean jacket or an adorable pair of wedges. The pockets aren't super deep, but are perfect for smaller items like your phone or card holder.
24. A floor-length beaded gown straight off the set of The Great Gatsby. I mean, who wouldn't want to party all night long in this number?
25. A multi-colored sequin dress that'll make you feel like the center of attention when you walk into a room. It's a party-perfect option to have in your closet when the occasion arises.
26. A high-slit wrap dress so you can show off some leg when desired. It's the definition of a comfortable option that you can slip into easily when you want to wear a dress, but not put much effort in.
27. A button-up dress so charming, you'll never want to put on pants again. The center peep hole is a subtle way to show skin.
28. A striped sweater dress with a straight and relaxed fit to pair with sneakers so you'll be incredibly cozy even when stuck at your desk all day.
29. A scalloped-edge dress featuring a sleeve and short V-neck that'll make you actually want to take a photo with your family during the holidays.
30. A sheer lace maxi dress with front buttons that you can wear alone or layered over a cami. It's fully lined so you don't have to wear a slip underneath, but could wear it open over a skirt.
31. A leopard print number made from a soft, lightweight fabric so it'll flow with you. It's the perfect dress to pair with combat boots for full edgy vibes.
When you go dress shopping with your mom:
Want more? Check out our favorite online clothing stores for all your shopping needs, perfect places to shop for clothes if you’re in your 30s, plus the best places to order custom t-shirts online and the best clothing stores for petite sizes. Still not satisfied? Check out all of our clothing content for even more.
Still shopping? Check out:
Shopping for something specific? Check out BuzzFeed Reviews to find the best things for every budget!
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and/or clarity.