We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A crosshatch Herschel card holder wallet for easy card access at the register, and no more opening your bulky bifold to rifle through the graveyard of gift cards you forgot to use.
Promising review: "I love this wallet. It's perfect for when I don't want to take my big wallet with me. Fits in the little pocket they give us on women's yoga pants by the waist so you still have room for your keys and phone in the other side pockets. It's RFID so no lame losers can still your information while your cards are in it. Also, the scarab color is stunning. So glad I went with that instead of black like I usually do." —Brandi
Get it from Amazon for $20.57+ (available in 14 colors).
2. A front pocket wallet reviewers are saying is absolutely worth it for the minimalist who just wants a glorified sleeve for your cards that works like a dream.
Promising review: "This wallet is an amazing deal and very well designed. If you're in the market for something to primarily function as a cardholder, give this wallet some serious consideration. The quick access pull tab is genius. The pocket for cash is functional and perfect for people who do not carry lots of cash but may need to pay that cash-only barber once in a while. The only 'negative' for this wallet is that it does not have RFID protection, but unless you're riding mass transit and rubbing your pocket on other people's phones, I do not think that should really be a make-or-break feature for you." —Austin W
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (available in four colors).
3. A Madewell leather card case for a classic, elevated, but bold look your credit cards will be so happy with, maybe they'll even take it easy on you for once.
4. A genuine hair-on cowhide card holder wallet giving an instant touch of "yeehaw" to any going-out ensemble, while keeping your cards safe at the same time.
Boho Ranch Boutique is an Etsy small biz offering genuine leather and cowhide accessories.
Promising review: "I love my wallet so much! It’s very nice and compact and so so pretty! The seller is also so sweet, amazing, and so helpfu!!" —Hadley Carpenter
5. An adorably vibrant card holder everyone at the coffee shop everyone will have their eyes on when you pull it out to pay for your coffee.
Min & Mon is a Colombian woman-owned small biz based in New York City making high-quality bags and accessories.
Promising review: "I came across this brand when I saw someone with a card holder. I've been obsessed ever since :) This card holder is so adorable and I have the matching large wallet and I get so many compliments when I use either. High quality, just as described, quick shipping. LOVE LOVE LOVE!" —Kayla V.
Get it from Min & Mon for $48.
6. A bridle leather card holder wallet that's the definition of quality, featuring four hand-dyed card slots and a central pocket, that you'll want to pass down to your kid's kids.
Promising review: "Let's say my house catches fire at 3 a.m. Suddenly one of my many children runs downstairs yelling about smoke or something, disturbing my sweet dreams. I snap to life in less than a second and begin evacuating the house of wives, pets, and thirdly, my Tanner Goods wallet. I suspect with its inherent magical powers it could easily withstand a blazing inferno, but it has my Smash Burger gift certificate inside worth more than my 401k at the moment. This is how awesome this wallet is. I'd even save it before the hamster. I am compelled to let you know that many years ago, I was gifted a Tanner Goods belt. My children will bury me in this belt as per my death demands...Highly recommend." —William G Bussard
Get it from Amazon for $85 (available in four colors).
7. A Tumi card holder wallet so slim and sophisticated you'll take it everywhere you go but barely even notice it's there.
Promising review: "I stopped carrying a large billfold in my back pocket years ago, but never really got a suitable replacement to carry in my front pants pocket, or in the inside pocket of my blazer. The Tumi is perfect! It is slim and elegant, and is very well made. It easily holds my driver's license and three credit cards, as well as some cash in the center pocket (though not too many bills, or it will bow out a bit). The ID lock is an added bonus." —Mikey1229
Get it from Nordstrom for $95.
8. An RFID-blocking card holder I can only describe as high-tech — it can hold up to 12 cards while staying super slim, comes with a cash strap, and is plated with anodized aluminum so it can stand the test of time.
Promising review: "This wallet is built really well — easy access to cards and with the cash strap it easily holds a few bills too — I’ve tried up to about a dozen. I really enjoy being able to carry it in my front pocket instead of the giant lump of a leather wallet in my rear pocket. I had been in the habit of removing my leather wallet everywhere I sat down due to discomfort — at work, when driving, at restaurants. This wallet has been a game changer for me which is why it sparks such joy everyone I pick it up and it reminds me how much simpler things are now. I typically have four cards in my wallet and it’s been very easy accessing what I need when I need it." —Danver H.
Get it from The Ridge for $95 (available in six colors, and with a cash strap, money clip, or both).
9. A super affordable card holder wallet that will change your life for good if you're still using a chunky wallet full to the point of bursting. Just think about how much more stuff you'll be able to fit in your purse or pocket...
Promising review: "Great little wallet. I have a card in every pocket, and two IDs in the ID pocket for a total of seven cards. Even with all of these cards, I was able to comfortably fit $300 worth of $20 bills (15 bills total) in the middle cash slot with plenty of wiggle room. None of the cards are any harder to remove from the wallet than from any of my old bi-folds, but I chose the crosshatch material over the leather because I knew it'd stick less. The ID cards slide out effortlessly, even with two of them in there. This fits perfectly in my front wallet with my phone and I no longer need to sit on a blocky bifold all day." —Customer #53578633
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (available in 24 colors).
10. A pretty crescent Fossil card holder that will make you feel like a super luxurious and maybe slightly evil heiress who can afford anything she sets her eyes on... or one can certainly dream.
You can engrave this for free!
Promising review: "Lovely packaging, a surprise gift that was opened with an overwhelmed response! Perfect for train tickets and cards. Gorgeous color and the free engraving service is such a luxury personalised extra special touch. Arrived on time. All good!" —Cally
Get it from Fossil for $27.69+ (originally $40; available in ten designs).
11. A hand-painted envelope card holder wallet with a mesmerizing abstract design you'll find extreme joy in opening up to buy your next emotional support tasty treat.
12. A super minimalist card holder sleeve if you're finally fed up with your enormous wallet almost exploding in your pocket and/or stabbing you in the thigh every time you go out.
Promising review: "Now that I don't need a giant bag for my kids (yay!), I wanted something that was compact and easy to carry. I attached this to my keychain and ta-da: perfection! I keep my ID, my two most important cards, and even cash, in it. No slipping! Absolutely secure. It is so easy to get out of the house now — phone goes in the pocket and I grab my keys. The wallet fits into my pocket easily, so keeping track of it while shopping is so simple, no worrying about keeping an eye on the bag in the cart anymore! No more worrying about my wallet or bag while out to eat!" —Becca
Get it from Amazon for $16 (available in 12 designs).
13. A leather card case available in timeless and also vibrant colors for whatever your personal style may be. You can also get it monogrammed so everyone knows who to return it to.
Promising review: "I bought this case to replace a slim cardholder I previously purchased from another company. The prior case held only two cards and getting the cards out was a big problem. This case, on the other hand, had the capacity I needed (four cards plus cash) and the lining allows the cards to slip in and out easily. As a bonus, the case itself is extremely well-made, with excellent fit and finish. Overall, I highly recommend this case." —Bill
Get it from Leatherology for $50 (available in eight colors, with RFID-blocking for an added $5, and personalized debossing for $10).
14. A magnetic card wallet with a leather-wrapped money clip destined to be your trusted companion through thick and thin, because those three cards and couple of bills are taking you places you never imagined.
Promising review: "I've had my wallet for around three years now and it's the best wallet I've ever had. I try to not carry cash so the couple of bucks I sometimes have fit well in the money clip, and the wallet is the perfect size for my ID, debit, credit, and insurance card. I'll usually leave my larger wallet at home when I'm just on the run or going out with friends, and this wallet has never let me down. Would 100% buy again." —Matt L.
Get it from Shinola Detroit for $175.
16. A unique wooden card wallet handcrafted with care, and ideal if you need to run out the door with your two cards in hand and the peace of mind that you have the most efficient wallet around.
17. An expandable card holder that fans out 12+ cards with the click of a button and clicks back in, like you're James Bond and MI6 has equipped you with the latest space-saving wallet technology.
Promising review: "I love this wallet! There are no sharp edges, and the finish is excellent. The card ejection is smooth but not forceful enough to send cards flying. I actually forget which pocket it's in, for a ridged wallet it's very comfortable in a front pocket." —OTR Trucker
Get it from Amazon for $79 (available in five colors).
18. A card holder with a bottle opener, a pry bar, aluminum front plate, money clip, security clasp, and ID window, so it's keeping both you and your money safe. It may not look like it, but it holds up to 15 cards and five bills!
You can also get it engraved for $7.99.
Promising review: "Absolutely love my new 2.0 wallet. I've had the original original ever since the Kickstarter program. My only complaint with it was, I could no longer get the replacement Velcro. The 2.0 solves that issue. The wallet is very secure once you have your paracord set to what you need. Card access is easy in and out. I still love the fact my cards do not get damaged like in other wallets. With the paracord really the only thing that could wear out, this is a forever wallet! Changing the paracord will most likely only need to be done to add a different color spice from time to time." —Guest H.
Get it from Trayvax for $34.99 (available in five colors).
19. A handmade leather card holder so gorgeous there's no really no excuse for you not to replace your monstrosity of a wallet immediately for like, 12 of these.
Saly Limon USA is a woman-owned small biz based in Hawaii that makes ethically sourced handmade leather goods.
You can get this engraved with initials or a name by typing your personalization into the text box.
Promising review: "I love everything about this wallet. It’s perfect for the winter when I don’t want to wear a purse with my heavy coat. High quality with a beautiful design. Highly recommend." —afreechild
21. A slim, RFID-blocking card holder wallet you'll thank your lucky stars for when you reach for your wallet and realize once again that's less than an inch thick.
Promising review: "Since this pandemic started, I don't like taking my wallet and am afraid to keep my cards in my pocket. This wallet is small enough that it does fit in my pocket but allows me to only take the cards that I want to take or need. Inside I have my license, one debit card, one credit card that I change out between other cards, and even my insurance card. The D ring that is attached on the top corner of the wallet perfectly clips onto my keys so I know there is no way I can lose my wallet. I do have a phone sanitizer that I use and when I come home, this wallet perfectly fits inside of the sanitizer. When it comes to removing and placing my cards in and out of this wallet, I have not had any tearing or seen threads coming loose. Quality made wallet." —Ronny Acosta
Get it from Amazon for $9.34+ (available in 28 colors).
22. A keychain card holder wallet you can simply clip onto your favorite bag and be on your way, knowing you're only carrying your essentials with you.
23. A one-of-a-kind hard-shell aluminum credit card case you'll delight in flipping open and perusing your many cards like a high roller, and best of all, the accordion design keeps it super slim.
Promising review: "Easily holds 14 regular credit/bank cards and IDs. Very sturdy design. I had another wallet like this and anytime you touched the clasp — or something in your bag did — it'd open up. This one holds fast until you open it. My old one also had the images wear off really quickly and looked much older than it was. The printing on this one is high quality and durable. Extremely happy with this wallet!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $8.99+ (available in 49 designs).