1. Emma had never acted professionally before she was cast in the Harry Potter series as Hermione Granger.
2. Author J.K. Rowling reportedly supported Emma for the role after her first screen test.
3. However, Emma had to come in for a total of eight — EIGHT!!! — auditions before she was cast as Hermione.
4. Emma almost didn’t sign on for the final three movies of the Harry Potter series because of the long time it took to film each installment and her interests outside a movie career.
5. Emma is a certified yoga and meditation instructor.
6. Emma missed the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party because she accidentally fell asleep in her hotel room after the show. Instead, she just ate pizza.
7. She keeps everything in journals and diaries, and estimates she has accumulated about 30 by now. She writes every night before bed.
8. Emma, along with her co-stars, had to continue her studies during filming of the Harry Potter series. She received straight As on her A-levels, which are sort of like AP classes.
9. Growing up, Emma was on her school’s dance team and field hockey team (but no Quidditch, however).
10. While she said it is “highly unlikely,” Emma has said she would be open to the idea of portraying Hermione in the future if Rowling ever wrote more Harry Potter books.
11. Emma said when she was at Brown, fellow students didn’t bully her and were actually “weirdly protective” of her college experience.
12. Emma has said Daniel Radliffe (Harry Potter) and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) are like her brothers.
13. Her full name is Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson.
14. Emma is a HUGE bookworm and loves to read for pleasure.
15. She also says she likes to get physical in her acting to relieve stress, like hitting someone.
16. Emma was offered the role of Cinderella in Disney’s upcoming live-action version of the fairytale, but she turned the role down.
17. However, she is slated to star in a live-action version of Beauty and the Beast.
18. She’s worth a reported $40 million.
19. Emma was born in Paris, but moved back to England when she was five.
20. She speaks French, but “not as well as [she] used to.”
22. Her parents are divorced, and she has three stepbrothers and two stepsisters.
23. She is 5’5” tall.
24. There is an urban legend that a fellow student yelled “10 points to Gryffindor” when she answered a question correctly in a Brown lecture hall, but Emma claims this is not true.
25. Emma likes Hermione because she is opinionated and intelligent, but also says she can be bossy and mothering sometimes.
26. While she enjoyed filming all of the Harry Potter movies for different reasons, Emma said she particularly enjoyed the first one for the novelty and the last one from an acting perspective.
27. After finishing the last Harry Potter film, Emma said she wanted a change of pace, and decided to get a pixie cut — but she said it took her two or three weeks to finally go through with it.
28. If she could escape being a celebrity for a day, Emma has said she would go into a mosh pit in a rock concert.
29. Watson had a HUGE crush on Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) while filming Harry Potter. She said she found him cute because he was a few years older, a bit of a bad boy, and had a skateboard.
30. Emma is good friends with Sophie Sumner, a winner of America’s Next Top Model. The two even used to be roommates.
31. Emma’s favorite color is white or cream.
32. Both of her parents are lawyers.
33. She has two cats named Bubbles and Domino.
34. In real life, Emma is a natural blonde.
35. Her favorite drink is a gin and tonic.
36. OK, so you probably DO know this, but she recently graduated from Brown University. But did you know her degree was in English literature?
37. Emma spent her junior year studying abroad at Oxford University in England.
38. She said she has never been stopped for an autograph on campus, and when she threw a party for 100 students, no one posted photos on Facebook.
39. And last but not least, Emma Watson is FLAWLESS.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›