He’s a submission specialist.
An incredible high-flyer.
Heavily influenced by the Japanese style of wrestling.
Which means lots of kicks and knees to the skull.
2. He has the greatest beard ever.
3. He has one of the most simple yet powerful chants of all time.
YES! YES! YES!
It’s so great, it has taken over football stadiums.
Travis Jackson used it to celebrate Michigan State’s big win over Michigan.
And basketball courts.
The celebration continued at halftime at the MSU/Ohio State basketball game.
4. He got a “clean win” over John Cena at Summer Slam 2013.
Clean win: No interferences, sketchy refereeing, or typical bad guy tactics. For a “clean win” to occur is very rare, especially when it’s over John Cena, WWE’s top “babyface” (protagonist).
5. He’s a proud vegetarian.
After dealing with several illnesses in 2009, he went vegan in an attempt to improve his health. Now he’s just a vegetarian.
6. He won the peta2 Libby Award for Most Animal-Friendly Athlete.
He has an awesome goat face.
7. He’s super passionate about his pressed juice…
9. He let Connor Michalek, a 7-year-old kid battling cancer, beat him up with his own submission maneuver.
11. He sang back-up vocals on the Kimya Dawson single “Captain Lou.”
The versatility of this man is astounding.
12. Bryan wrestled in Japan as “The American Dragon” wearing the most patriotic mask in history.
Yes, that is Shawn Michaels to his left. He’s kind of a big deal.
13. January 13 is “Daniel Bryan Day” in Yakima, Wash.
Mayor Micah Cawley declared January 13 “Daniel Bryan Day” just before a taped episode of Friday Night Smackdown.
15. His favorite childhood hobby was clam digging.
He loved clams before becoming vegetarian.
16. He’s a strong advocate for the environment.
17. His engagement photo with WWE Diva Brie Bella proves they are the world’s most adorable tree-loving hippie couple.
18. He has two dogs with Brie. Their names are Josie and Asparagus the Wonder Dog.
19. They drive a Honda Fit.
Even thought they’re cashing in large WWE paychecks, both Bryan and Brie share this economical car.
20. He absolutely loves his vegan cupcakes.
And eats them with a fork, like a gentleman.
21. He hangs out with The Muppets.
22. He puts his body through hell to bring you high-quality entertainment.
Injuries include multiple concussions, a separated shoulder and even a detached retina. Remember: It’s staged. Not fake. There is a difference.
It seems WWE doesn’t believe in Daniel Bryan.
But that won’t stop him from being the greatest man alive.