1. This is Connor Michalek. He’s 7 years old and has had cancer of the brain and spine since he was 3.
2. Earlier this year he made a video expressing his hope to meet his hero, WWE wrestler Daniel Bryan.
3. Daniel Bryan is a popular WWE wrestler who currently holds the WWE Tag Team Championship belt along with Kane. He also has a pretty simple catchphrase.
4. Connor has mastered the catchphrase.
5. Even at his young age, Connor has gone through many surgeries and multiple rounds of chemo. And this week, the youngster — who likes to go by the wrestling name “Stone Crusher” — got to meet his hero.
6. And he didn’t just get to meet Bryan. He got to “beat him up.”
7. Connor got to use Bryan’s signature finishing move against him: “The No! Lock.”
8. Daniel Bryan was incredibly touched by the experience.
Steve Haag / Getty Images
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›
- Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›