1. They’re two of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game.
They literally trade passing and touchdown records like kids traded Pokémon cards in the early 2000s.
2. They have both hosted Saturday Night Live.
A.k.a. the Super Bowl of cultural relevance.
3. Which is where we learned they’re terrific dancers.
Tom’s spin is perfectly executed and honestly, who knew Peyton could move like that?
4. Your mom probably loves them.
But for completely different reasons.
5. They both have single digit handicaps on the golf course.
So yeah, they’re basically good at everything.
6. They enjoy shouting.
Only Peyton Manning can curse off an offensive lineman, realize he was wrong, and then sort of apologize while still yelling. LOUD NOISES.
Tom really doesn’t like people who wear vertical stripes. It doesn’t matter how nice they are to him.
7. They’re both spokesmen for affordable midsize sedans.
They probably sell a shit ton of Buick Veranos and Dodge Darts.
9. They have fun playing dress up.
Once they step off the field they become chameleons.
10. They both have great senses of humor…
This is still the best skit an athlete has ever done on SNL.
11. They get easily frustrated with their teammates.
They have no problem telling you how to do your job — even if you’re the ball boy.
12. They don’t take the most flattering shirtless pictures.
WARNING: Sexy overload!
13. They’ve both somehow gotten BETTER after returning from career-threatening injuries.
Nothing stops these guys from throwing touchdown passes and winning playoff games — certainly not a bizarre neck injury or a badly torn ACL.
14. Name an award. They’ve won it.
MVP, Super Bowl MVP, Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year, Comeback Player of the Year, and probably every ESPY award.