1. Tigger: Paul Winchell, Jim Cummings
Paul Winchell was the first person to invent and patent an artificial human heart; Jim Cummings won an Emmy for playing Tigger, and is also the voice of Darkwing Duck.
2. Piglet: John Fiedler, Travis Oates
John Fielder was Juror #2 in 12 Angry Men; Travis Oates is Kronk in The Emperor’s New School animated series.
3. Eeyore: Ralph Wright, Bud Luckey
Ralph Wright was a Disney animator who was supposedly the model for Eeyore; Bud Luckey was a Pixar animator who worked on many of Pixar’s early hits, including Toy Story, Toy Story 2, and Monster’s Inc.
4. Rabbit: Junius Matthews, Tom Kenny
Junius Matthews managed to recover from a from a stroke in order to voice Rabbit in 1977’s The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh; Tom Kenny you may know as the voice of the title character in a little cartoon called SpongeBob SquarePants.
5. Christopher Robin: Bruce Reitherman, Jack Boulter
Bruce Reitherman was also the voice of Mowgli in the The Jungle Book.
6. Kanga: Barbara Luddy, Kristen Anderson-Lopez
Barbara Luddy also voiced Lady in Lady and the Tramp; Kristen Anderson-Lopez also wrote lyrics for the upcoming Disney animated film Frozen.
7. Roo: Clint Howard, Wyatt Hall
Clint Howard is Ron Howard’s younger brother, and was a dead ringer for young Justin Bieber.
8. Owl: Hal Smith, Craig Ferguson
Hal Smith also voiced Goofy; Craig Ferguson has done voices in everything from Freakazoid! to Aaaahh!!! Real Monsters.
9. Gopher: Howard Morris, Michael Gough
Howard Morris also directed the pilot for the TV series Get Smart; Martin Gough is the voice of Shrek in the Shrek video game.
10. Winnie The Pooh: Sterling Holloway, Jim Cummings
Holloway voiced Kaa in The Jungle Book, Cummings voiced Kaa in The Jungle Book 2; in addition to bouncy Tigger, Jim Cummings also brought roly poly Pooh to life.
Editor’s Note: Since the animated adaptation of Winnie the Pooh has been around since the 1960’s, many of these characters have had several voice actors, and some have been left out.
- The South Carolina Senate is debating a bill calling for the removal of the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.