1. Ashton Kutcher is paid $700,000 per episode on Two And a Half Men.
Kutcher’s fee makes him the highest-paid sitcom actor on television. Co-star Jon Cryer makes $620,000 an episode.
2. For a point of reference: New Girl’s Max Greenfield makes $75,000 an episode.
Which is not a SMALL amount of money. But.
3. All six of Saturday Night Live’s new hires for the show’s 39th season are white.
4. Mad Men has never won an Emmy award for acting.
The show has won 15 overall, but none in the acting categories.
5. More votes were cast* in the 2012 season of American Idol than the 2012 presidential election.
*Of course, you can vote more than once for American Idol, which is something you cannot do in presidential elections. (via)
6. The Voice, watched consistently by more than 12 million people per week, has failed to produce a bankable star in its four seasons so far.
7. Only five of the 24 official couples formed on The Bachelor and The Bachelorette series are still together.
8. Frasier won 37 Emmys, the record for a comedy series.
Thirty-seven just seems like a LOT. Even if it was an OK/good show.
9. 30 Rock, by comparison, won 11.
The show ran for seven seasons to Frasier’s 11, but that’s still less than a third of the awards.
10. Most winners of America’s Next Top Model are lucky to land a Chili’s or Wheat Thins commercial post-show.
This probably actually paid really well, so, go Ann.
11. Grey’s Anatomy is one of the most diverse (and successful) network dramas ever, but few are following creator Shonda Rhimes’ example.
The vast majority of shows on TV are still populated by almost exclusively white actors.
12. The X-Files premiered 20 years ago this year.
You were just a baby then. Or a teen. You were definitely way younger.
13. Guy Fieri has had six of his own TV shows.
14. Freaks and Geeks was canceled after just one perfect season.
15. This is what The Big Bang Theory would sound like without its (alleged!) laugh track.
16. Sharknado is getting a sequel.
Admittedly, Sharknado 2: The Second One is a pretty good title, if it’s going to happen.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- Matt Stonie won the 2015 Nathan's Famous hot dog eating contest, beating 8-time champion Joey Chestnut ☀️??