5. But the only person who calls you by the full version of your name is your dentist.
And maybe your grandparents. And your credit card company!!!
8. Most of your friends’ dads call you “Kate.”
The name “Katie” is unpronounceable to a certain sector of middle-aged men. They’ll never remember. It’s not worth correcting.
9. You have an instinctive, reflexive distrust of your dastardly cousin — the Katy.
What makes you so SPECIAL, huh? Are you in a hurry? Are you trying to save yourself some time by cutting out that extra letter?? Where are you GOING, anyway?
15. Everyone’s always like, “But you’re going to go by Katherine/Kathleen/Kathy when you’re older, right?” Because they think Katie is a name for LITTLE GIRLS.
But you know what, no. It is weird to tell someone to change their name just because they’re 30 or whatever. Katie for life.
- U.S. presidential candidates are making their final pitches before the New Hampshire Primary, the second voting contest of the nominating season 🇺🇸
- The Pentagon has confirmed that North Korea successfully launched a satellite into orbit on Sunday night.
- President Obama asked Congress for $1.8 billion to fight the spread of the Zika virus across the Americas.