3. Did they sing “God Bless the USA” by Lee Greenwood?
You bet they sang “God Bless The USA” by Lee Greenwood.
5. Ron Paul’s dedicated supporters provided some delicious televised moments for non-Republican viewers.
6. Reince was not amused.
But Chairman Priebus held fast throughout the drama.
7. Ann Romney’s daughter-in-law called Ann a “modern feminist.”
8. Paul Ryan talked about listening to Mitt’s music in hotel elevators. I dunno, it was weird.
9. The convention’s 2nd weirdest moment did not involve Clint Eastwood or an empty chair.
10. BuzzFeed’s Mermaid-infused RNC party made the local news.
12. We got to know the guy behind the convention’s big balloon drop.
14. It was up to George H.W. Bush to provide the comedy.
16. G.E. Smith’s band was solid.
They even did “Call Me Maybe” :D
17. Republicans got down.
Dude, so busted.
20. We had our own ideas about how Clint should have made his entrance:
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›