Then there were (a different) four.
Farrah, Kelly, Beyoncé, and Michelle.
And then there was one.
All hail Queen Bey.
We’re all well aware of the amazingness that is Beyoncé. But some attention and credit should be given to the other Children of Destiny and the things they’ve accomplished on their own.
1. Like when Michelle Williams was in the stage adaptation of The Color Purple.
3. While Kelly Rowland was singing with Nelly on their hit “Dilemma,” proving her solo ability…
4. Farrrah Franklin collaborated with Method Man on his single, “Get At Me.”
5. For a moment in time, LeToya and LaTavia led their own girl group called Anjel.
After splitting from Destiny’s Child, Luckett and Roberson worked with the members of Jagged Edge to get a record deal for the group. Unfortunately their production company went out of business before the project could get going.
Give a listen to their single, “Moving On.”
Try to ignore the bitterness.
6. LeToya Luckett has released two solo albums.
In case you missed them: LeToya in 2006 and Lady Love in 2009
7. And she’s on the brink of dropping her third, Until Then.
8. Let’s talk about how Michelle released two great gospel albums.
Heart to Yours in 2002 and Do You Know in 2004.
9. She also released a pop album in 2008 that was ironically just what everyone expected.
It was a bit forced, but a good effort for sure.
10. There was the time Kelly Rowland made that super sexy video for “Motivation” featuring Lil Wayne.
11. And then when she made that other sexy video for “Ice” featuring Lil Wayne.
13. Meanwhile, LaTavia Roberson is making her way on the reality TV circuit, showing up on TV One’s R&B Divas: Atlanta.
14. And developing a show surrounding her pregnancy and family life.
Not sure if this one will be picked up by a network, but you can’t knock her hustle.
15. We can’t forget about when Kelly was a judge on The X Factor in the UK and then in America.
16. Or when Michelle competed on Britain’s Strictly Come Dancing dance competition show.
17. LeToya Luckett scored the role of Felicia Price on VH1’s Single Ladies.
Remember when that show was everything? Hint: It was before Stacey Dash left.
18. Kelly was once featured on the cover of Modern Bride, gorgeous as usual.
This was back when she was engaged to football player Roy Williams. The relationship may not have worked out but she sure worked that gown!
19. In fact, in 2013 Kelly was selected as one of People Magazine’s Most Beautiful.