Summer is finally here, and it’s time to find the perfect soundtrack for all your family activities – be it during a long car ride or by the pool.
1. You can’t go wrong with Nappy Roots’ “Good Day,” which is a bright, carefree jam that practically transports you to a BBQ block party.
Sing-along lyric: “We’re gonna have a good day / And all my homies gonna ride today / And all these mommies look fly today / And all we wanna do is get by today / hey”
2. Don’t even fight it: Miley’s “Party In The U.S.A.” is a modern classic at this point.
Sing-along lyric: “I got my hands up / They’re playin’ my song / I know I’m gonna be OK / Yeah, it’s a party in the U.S.A.”
3. Becky G’s “Shower” has it all: syncopated verses you can rap along to and a rousing anthemic chorus.
Sing-along lyric: “La La Di, La La Da, La La Da / Singing in the shower”
4. Jackson 5’s “ABC” is both instructional and fun!
Sing-along lyric: “A-B-C / It’s easy as 1, 2, 3 / As simple as do-re-mi / ABC, 123, baby you and me girl”
5. Mika and Ariana Grande put their syrupy-sweet spin on “Popular” from the musical Wicked, and you won’t be able to get it out of your head, so don’t even fight it.
Sing-along lyric: “Popular, I know about popular / It’s not about who you are or your fancy car / You’re only ever who you were”
6. Queen’s “You’re My Best Friend” has never gone out of style, with sweet lyrics (about romantic friendship, no less!) that are perfect for all ages.
Sing-along lyric: “Ooh. you make me live / Whatever this world can give to me / It’s you, you’re all I see”
7. Sam Smith shines on Naughty Boy’s “La La La”, which is both sophisticated and sleek, while also being infinitely addictive.
Sing-along lyric: “La la, la la la la la na na na na na / La la na na, la la la la la na na na na na”
8. Taylor Swift’s “22” still hasn’t gotten old – and a song this fun shouldn’t.
Sing-along lyric: “I don’t know about you / But I’m feeling 22 / Everything will be alright /If you keep me next to you”
9. Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock,’s “It Takes Two” is a classic banger that’s easy for even the young ones to chime in for.
Sing-along lyric: “It takes two to make a thing go right / It takes two to make it outta sight / Hit it!”
Pro-tip: Get the clean version – there is one case of the “F-word,” if you’re looking to avoid it.
10. Grouplove’s “Ways To Go” is bouncy, head-bobbing indie showstopper.
Sing-along lyric: “Even when I can’t see my rear view / Even if I call just to hear you / Even when I sleep all day”
11. “You’re The One That I Want” from Grease is the ultimate sing-along classic – cheeky and sweet, so everyone can pick different parts to sing.
Sing-along lyric: “You’re the one that I want / Ooh-ooh-ooh”
12. Will Smith, “Getting Jiggy Wit It”, because how can you not love this jam?
Sing-along lyric: “Na na na na na na na nana / Na na na na nana / Gettin’ jiggy wit it”
13. Luke Bryan’s “Play It Again” has a sweet, simple melody that’s easy to catch on to and fun to sing along with.
Sing-along lyric: “She was like, ‘Oh my God, this is my song / I’ve been listenin’ to the radio all night long / Sittin’ ‘round waitin’ for it to come on and here it is’”
14. Don’t you remember being young and spinning in circles around your living room to Abba’s “Dancing Queen”?
Sing-along lyric: “You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen / Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourine”
15. Katy Perry’s “Firework” is the ultimate confidence-boosting anthem for all ages of the fam.
Sing-along lyric: “Baby, you’re a firework / Come on, let your colors burst / Make ‘em go, ‘Ah, ah, ah’ / You’re gonna leave ‘em all in awe, awe, awe”
16. Betty Who’s “Somebody Loves You” is a high-octane dance song about love that’s just the right bit of corny.
Sing-along lyric: “Somebody misses you when you’re away / They wanna wake up with you everyday / Somebody wants to hear you say / Ooh somebody loves you”
- Two people on a civilian airplane were killed in a mid-air collision with a military jet in South Carolina. The F-16 jet pilot was ejected and is "in good shape."
- Subway has suspended Jared Fogle, the weight-loss guy from their commercials, due to an FBI investigation.
- Bounce TV and BET will no longer air series featuring Bill Cosby after court records showed he admitted to buying sedatives to give to women.