2. Lindsay Lohan was originally cast as Regina George, but she was switched to the role of Cady because of her Freaky Friday success.
Mark Waters told Vulture, “Sherry Lansing, who was heading Paramount at the time, told us, ‘We have to have Lindsay play the lead in Mean Girls. It’s just not going to work having her play the villain, because she now has an audience that won’t accept that.’”
3. Rachel McAdams and Amanda Seyfried were neck and neck for the role of Regina.
After McAdams won out, Lorne Michaels suggested Seyfried for “the dumb girl.”
4. A line cut from Kevin G.’s rap was, “It ain’t no trick/ I am this slick / All the ninth-grade ladies / Wanna suck my — WHAT!”
5. The film was almost forced to cut the “wide-set vagina” line.
The MPAA tried to cut the line, but Anchorman had just come out and Will Ferrell got away with an erection scene and still got a PG-13 rating, so Mark Waters and crew told them they were being sexist. The MPAA finally let them keep the line.
6. Rajiv Surendra first auditioned for the part of Damian, but then he got called in for Kevin — a part originally written for an Asian person.
7. James Franco was considered for the role of Aaron Samuels.
8. Paramount didn’t want Tim Meadows and Amy Poehler in the movie at first.
They were afraid Mean Girls would be perceived as a Saturday Night Live movie.
9. Jonathan Bennett used to make Lindsay Lohan blush (naturally) on camera.
Who could blame her?
10. When Daniel Franzese sang “Beautiful,” the only person in the audience was his mom.
The part where he’s shown singing to an audience was filmed the next day.
11. The very first scene filmed was the part where Kevin G. hands Cady his card.
12. But Lindsay Lohan missed the first day because she had pink eye.
13. Damian is based off Damian Holbrook, Tina Fey’s best friend from high school.
14. There’s a deleted scene (not actually filmed) of Damian auditioning for American Idol after high school.
Daniel Franzese told Cosmopolitan, “Simon Cowell was going to call Damian chubby and then he was going to run up on the stage and punch him.”
15. There was almost an entirely different alternate ending to Mean Girls.
Kevin G. was supposed to get busted by Miss Norbury for selling ecstasy, which she confiscates and puts in her desk. After she’s accused of selling drugs according the burn book, the cops find the ecstasy and she gets in trouble.
16. Amy Poehler gave Rajiv Surendra (Kevin G.) tips on body movement for his rap scene.
That video of Amy, Tina, and Lindsay rapping in a hotel room was made for Surendra to look at and study.
- Two people on a civilian airplane were killed in a mid-air collision with a military jet in South Carolina. The F-16 jet pilot was ejected and is "in good shape."
- Subway has suspended Jared Fogle, the weight-loss guy from their commercials, due to an FBI investigation.
- Bounce TV and BET will no longer air series featuring Bill Cosby after court records showed he admitted to buying sedatives to give to women.