1. Marshmallow Peeps are a controversial topic.
Some people love them, some people won’t touch them with a ten-foot pole, and some use them to create highly intricate scenescapes based on recent popular culture.
2. We here at BuzzFeed DIY fall firmly in the latter camp.
To make our homage to the greatest movie of last summer (as well as Weedster), we simply began by turning a box on its side, lining it with construction paper, and cutting out a cardboard front portion on which our Peep revelers could frolic. The clouds are made of cotton balls, the sand is brown sugar (Mod Podge’d to the cardboard, but be careful because it can get messy), and the ocean is blue Easter grass.
3. The sun is a tap light wrapped in yellow tissue paper.
It is well nigh impossible to stop playing with.
4. Once you have your scene set, the only thing left to do is CUSTOMIZE.
Here we have Coachella Peep and Drunk Peep. The cup is made of an actual Solo cup, and the headband is braided Easter grass. Don’t forget the culturally insensitive feather!
5. Sunbathing Peep…
Complete with foam bathing suit bottom, cocktail umbrella, and rosy nips.
6. Even Drunker Peep…
Her skirt is made of fringe and her vodka is made of vodka.
7. Stoner Peeps…
Use red rhinestones for eyes that glow, and pieces of a straw for a bong. The beanie is hand crocheted because I am a monster, and the hair is brown Easter grass. If you want your Peeps to have arms, simply stick in Q-tips that match their skin (?) tone.
8. Frolicking Peeps…
Aw, young love. You can make any kind of bathing suit you want with little pieces of foam.
9. And of course, Alien.
Complete with grill (gold candy foil), chain, tank top (printer paper), horrible yet mesmerizing hair (brown Easter grass), and red-scribbled googly eyes.
10. We named our creation with gold sparkly letters.
It smells like a bakery and reminds us that one day it will actually maybe be kind of nice out again.
- The Taliban has appointed Mullah Akhtar Mansour as its new Afghan leader.
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Uber drivers near the International Airport of Mexico City were pelted with rocks, sticks, eggs, and flour on Wednesday. Local authorities are investigating.