Ryan Gosling is a knitter.
He told Australian GQ in their February/March issue, “I did this scene in Lars and the Real Girl where I was in a room full of old ladies who were knitting, and it was an all-day scene, so they showed me how. It was one of the most relaxing days of my life … If I had to design my perfect day, that would be it.”
Don’t know how to knit? Wrong.
1. Together, you can knit these gloves.
To facilitate hand-holding on, say, a pleasant first-date stroll through the park.
2. This hat.
To keep his precious head warm while frolicking in the snow on a delightful second date.
Those pink-tipped ears are a tragedy and a travesty.
3. This cell phone cozy.
He’ll want to whisper sweet nothings even when you’re not around.
4. These socks.
For footsie under the table at a charming French bistro hidden away in an unmarked alley.
5. These handcuffs.
For after the bistro.
(Technically they’re crocheted, not knitted, but Ryan seems like a fast learner.)
6. This manly pullover.
Perfect for laying your head upon his chest while gazing into his eyes and making him murmur lines from The Notebook until you both fall asleep.
Wonder if he knitted all that?
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- Mozambique implemented a new criminal code that removes a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality.