Maybe you know him from Red Band Society, maybe you recognize him as the "kid rapper" on X Factor, or maybe you're already listening to his latest EP, Computer Era. Whatever the case may be, you'll know Astro just a little bit more after reading his answers to our Rapid-Fire Q&A!
1. What's your favorite emoji?
My favorite emoji is probably the little firecracker. Either that or the praying hands.
2. Do you have a favorite color?
Probably green. I don't know why — it's not because of money. It's just always been green since I was a baby.
3. What's your prefferred pizza topping?
Probably buffalo chicken, maybe a little bit of hot sauce. But I don't go that far with pizza. I like to keep it regular.
4. What's your favorite word?
Probably "son." I call my homies "son," so it's like, "Yo, son."
5. And your most overused word?
It depends. Like, if I'm nervous I'll probably say something like "like." Like, like, like. But that's only when I'm extra-extra nervous.
6. Do you have a favorite vegetable?
Broccoli. Broccoli is the bomb. I love broccoli.
7. Favorite boy band?
I don't know if it's really a boy band but I liked Take 6. They were a group that were popular in the late '80s, early '90s.
8. What's the last book you read?
Uh, the last one I completed? I read a lot but some books get boring. The last one I read and completed was The Book of Secrets from Deepak Chopra. That's a good book.
9. What's your favorite sport?
I actually don't care about sports at all, but it'd probably be basketball.
10. Do you remember your first online screen name?
I think it was something like LameBoyAstro. Something like that. I wasn't the cool kid in school but I wasn't the lame one. I knew I wasn't cool so I called myself lame, and that's what made me cool in front of the cool kids. For anybody to call themselves lame at, like, the age of 8 — when everybody's trying to be cool — but I just called myself LameBoyAstro.
11. What's your biggest pet peeve?
I hate when people talk over my food. That pisses me off. I'm a germophobe, so I don't like people talking over my food, breathing, spitting, anything. Just let me eat in peace.
12. Puppies or kittens?
Puppies. I don't really like cats like that.
13. Bacon or Nutella?
I actually haven't had Nutella!
14. What's your favorite curse word?
Uh, probably the f-word. It's just funny to say that. You can say it with different tones, different emotions. It's hilarious.
15. Have you been in a spelling bee?
No, I haven't. Or maybe I did and I don't remember. I got good grades on my spelling tests but I don't think I've ever been in a real spelling bee.
16. Do you have any hidden talents?
I can direct a little bit. I have't directed anything yet — and the only reason I haven't is because I'm too lazy to actually write out treatments — I just like to have a camera, film what I'm filming, and that's it.
17. Last song that was stuck in your head?
It probably was a Raekwon song. I've been a listening to him a lot lately.
18. What kind of movies do you like?
I like action and romance and comedies. I like dark comedies. I watch a lot of oldies, though: a lot of Spike Lee films, The Last Dragon. If it's a good movie, it's a good movie. I don't care about the genres.
19. Who's your favorite Disney Princess?
I don't even know them! All I know is Cinderella. She's a Disney princess, right?
20. What color is your toothbrush?
I don't even pay attention... Blue?
21. Christmas or Thanksgiving?
Christmas. 'Cause Thanksgiving is good but that's a lot of food. Plus, Christmas: free gifts.
22. Do you have a landline phone number?
I don't even use my phone, I use other people's phones.
23. What's your favorite cartoon?
The Boondocks. Or no, now it's Black Dynamite. Last season of The Boondocks was horrible.
24. If you could bathe in any liquid besides water, what would it be?
25. Are you superstitious?
No, I'm not superstitious.
26. Have you been on a cruise?
No, I haven't, but I want to go on one.
27. 1% , 2%, skim, or whole milk?
Whole milk, man! I don't like that healthy stuff.
28. What scares you?
I don't know. That's a good question. It used to be the dark, and I grew out of that.
29. Twitter or Instagram?
Instagram. I like it because of networking with the girls on there. If you like a picture then that says it all.
30. What's your most-used hashtag?
My most-used hashtag is #ComputerEra — the name of my album, which I've been promoting lately.
31. Who's your doppelganger?
Well, people call me Ne-Yo. I would show you without the hat but my hair looks crazy right now. I had a mohawk when I was 10 and I looked exactly like Ne-Yo back then. Now they call me Kevin Durant too.
32. What's your favorite website?
I'd have to say BuzzFeed. It's only right.
33. What's your favorite reality show?
I don't even watch reality TV like that. But Love & Hip Hop I think is hilarious. That's me just cracking up.
34. Is there a country that you've never been to that you'd like to visit?
No. I like Brooklyn. I want to go to Jamaica, actually. My whole family's from there so I'd like to go there.
35. Who's your favorite Power Ranger?
I used to watch the Power Rangers but I don't remember it deep enough to, like, remember the characters' names.
36. Can you do any good impressions?
No, I suck at impressions.
37. Is there anything else we should know?
Yes. Computer Era is out on iTunes. Go download it!