22 Products For Anyone With Thick Hair Who Knows The Struggle
Want receipts? Most of these have thousands of positive reviews.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pack of dependable large hair ties to hold all of your hair back without: snapping, fraying, needing to be doubled-up on, stretching out, tugging, or giving you a creeping headache.
2. This 12-pack of velvet scrunchies so you can accessorize and trust this scrunchy will keep your hair up (or, look cute covering your hair tie).
3. A Revlon air brush to help you get the blowout of your dreams — without blowing out your shoulder as you wrestle your hair with a round brush in one hand and your hair dryer in the other.
4. This L'Oréal quick dry primer spray that will drastically reduce the amount of time it takes to dry your mane, and protect it from all that heat necessary to dry it in the first place.
5. A pair of trusty hair thinning shears so you don't have to pay 60 bucks for a trim (or wait for hair salons to re-open) just to get your hair thinned out.
6. This silicone hair and scalp massager that will help you really scrub your roots in the shower — removing any product buildup, improving circulation, and giving you a relaxing massage.
7. A Kiss Instawave automatic curling iron to curl your hair for you — literally. The prongs detangle your hair as it wraps around the ceramic barrel, and voila!
8. These game-changing spiral bobby pins so that you don't have to go through an entire pack of bobby pins to hold your hair in place for updos.
9. An HSI professional straightener (with over 25k positive reviews!!!) to straighten even the thickest of hair, leaving you with silky smooth locks.
10. These sturdy DRYBAR Hold Me Hair Clips that are perfect for sectioning off your hair so you can actually get through all of it (you know, instead of using three different clips you managed to find that don't really hold your hair the way you need them to because they're not meant to section).
11. This vegan Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum to smooth out your hair and calm any frizz without further weighing it down.
12. The Tangle Teezer Ultimate Hairbrush that will detangle your hair with ease and dry-style without the frustration (like that point where you'd rather rip the whole knot out than detangle it because, hey, you've got more than enough hair anyway).
13. Or, this Wet Brush Detangler – it detangles ~wet~ hair and is great for sensitive scalps (especially if your head gets sore from the weight of your hair). And it's got over 3k positive reviews.
14. A Kenra Platinum blow-dry spray with a lightweight formula to cut your drying time in half AND detangle, smooth and soften your hair, too — what more could ya want?
15. This extra-hold, humidity-resistant TRESemmé hairspray that sprays on like mist and is strong enough to hold your hair without turning it into a helmet.
16. These spiral hair ties to secure your heavy hair without leaving a dent when you take it out.
17. A steel-tooth comb that definitely won't snap or bend, so you can always count on it to comb and detangle your hair.
18. A Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask, made with sweet almond oil, to penetrate and hydrate even the thickest of hair.
19. This woven hair turban for thick hair that prevents your hair from breaking when wet and cuts drying time in half without a hair dryer.
20. This professional Trezoro Ionic hair dryer to dry your hair super fast. It's also lightweight (only 1.5 lb!!), so you no longer have to tire out your arms.
21. A cruelty-free, nourishing conditioning cream for thick hair that reduces frizz and keeps your hair looking sleek as it air-dries.
22. The classic Batiste dry shampoo to help you get by between washes, combatting oily roots and adding some volume to weighed-down hair — plus, with thick hair, sometimes you just can't wash (and then dry) as often as you'd like since it's such a production every time!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.