1. So Sherlock surprised everybody by sort of turning into a sitcom for most of the episode.
2. This confused some people.
Wtf is going on #Sherlock
3. The central point here is that we got to see Drunk Sherlock.
Brilliant episode of #Sherlock!! Absolutely loved it. Drunk!Sherlock had me practically crying omg.
4. (Also Drunk John.)
SHERLOCK L I V E S.
Best moments of the episode: Drunk Sherlock “clueing for looks”. #Sherlock @BBCOne
6. There was knee touching.
â™¡ SHERLOCK â™¡
JOHNLOCK HUG SHERLOCK AND JOHN DRUNK
JOHN ASKING SHERLOCK IF HEâ€™S PRETTY
MYCROFT WORKING OUT THIS EPISODE WAS EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED
drunk sherlock killed me. #Sherlock
clueing for looks
Drunk Sherlock starting fights is the best
10. Drunk Sherlock’s arms go a bit Eleventh Doctor, it turns out.
Or possibly Captain Jack Sparrow.
sexual orientation: drunk sherlock
John and Sherlock drunk is my sexuality
Let’s Play Murder â€
SEXUALITY: DRUNK SHERLOCK DEDUCING.
Sherlockâ€™s drunk deductions are THE BEST THINGS IN THIS WORLD. #SherlockLives
15. Yes. Drunk Sherlock’s drunk deductions were undeniably the best.
“Egg… sitty thing?”
16. Although some people thought they spotted a similarity to another TV character.
Wait, this is just a modern reboot of Mitchell & Webbâ€™s Sir Digby Chicken Caesar, right? #sherlock
So drunk Sherlock is basically Sir Digby Chicken Caesar?
18. The Evidence:
19. Some people were unconvinced.
Next week I think I’ll film me and a friend messing around drunk and release it as a prestige drama #Sherlock
20. And a lot of people couldn’t help notice that for a long time the focus of the episode was mostly wedding logistics.
NEXT WEEK: Sherlock sets up a direct debit. (90 mins)
Next week: Sherlock goes shopping for some shelves for 90 minutes
WHY ISN’T ANYONE SOLVING CRIME? THINK OF ALL THE CRIME
#Sherlock season episode trajectory: First episode: OMG asdfghlk
Second episode: Just Ok
Third episode: OMG…asdfghjkl…WTF…O_o
24. But still… Drunk Sherlock.
Has anyone else had a go at drunken pirouettes? #justme #Sherlock
25. Almost certainly not just you.
26. And it still found the time to make people get… a bit emotional.
THAT Best Man’s speech… #Sherlock
27. (We take a short break here to spend some time considering the bit where Sherlock ruffled his hair.)
28. Meanwhile, others had important issues on their minds.
ITS DEAN THOMAS FROM HARRY POTTER BEING FIT
30. The sportswear of the Holmes clan was another topic.
Nobody needed to see Mycroft in Lycra. Surely he just frowns a bit and the fat cells explode like the terrorist ones.
31. Sexy, sexy Lycra-Mycroft. Lycroft?
32. We were introduced to a new character, Tiny Watson.
Is it me, or have they deliberately made Martin Freeman hobbit sized? #sherlock
33. Also they had a bit of a dig at the Mayor of London.
#Sherlock poking a little fun @MayorofLondon
34. And we got an insight into Sherlock’s approach to computer multitasking.
Kaya Burgess (Times)
Has Sherlock never heard of separate browser tabs…?
36. It turns out that Irene Adler keeps turning up in Sherlock’s Mind Palace at inconvenient moments.
38. Not entirely sure what’s going on in this picture from the show’s makeup designer but WHO CARES?
Sorry I keep forgetting the #Sherlock ! It’s a good job @SteveLawes is good with a camera
39. By the end, the episode had won some of the doubters round.
Despite my earlier objections, that ep of #sherlock had an excellent dÄ—nouement but my WORD it took its time getting there.
Okay, new rules: yð †onâ€™t get to brand a TV drama plotless until youâ€™ve actually finished watching it and stuff. #Sherlock
42. And it’s definitely still fanfic with high production values.
Ok yes; Sherlock pissed to Rihanna. It is fanfiction. In fact I think I might have WRITTEN this fanfiction.
I think it’s really kind of the BBC to basically film loads of the cracky fanfiction that goes on in my brain & call it Sherlock S3.
44. But lots of people are concerned that everything’s been much too lighthearted and that therefore the Hammer of Tears is about to come crashing down.
If youâ€™re convinced the next episode will be soul destroyingly depressing because the last two have been so fun clap your hands. #Sherlock
46. But we’ll leave the final word to a friend of Mr. Cumberbatch, who has IMPORTANT INFORMATION to impart.
And final word before nighttime coma - drunk Sherlock terrifyingly, hysterically similar to a drunk Cumberbatch :)