2. You cannot charge your iPhone 6 by putting it in the microwave because that will actually destroy your iPhone and your microwave.
3. A Syrian boy did not risk his life to save a girl from a hail of gunfire.
6. That “Drunk Girl in Public” video was a hoax.
8. That time a teenager working in Target became a huge meme was not a marketing stunt; the claim that it was a marketing stunt was, in fact, a marketing stunt.
9. A young dog attack victim probably wasn’t asked to leave a KFC because of the scars on her face.
23. This was not a picture taken from a plane flying over a rainbow.
24. A sex tape that went viral was not of an Argentinian teacher having sex with a student.
35. And nobody actually said “fuck her right in the pussy” on live TV, because it was a hoax, except then people started saying it anyway, so now it is real again.
This post has been updated from 27 things to 35 things, to reflect the fact that we remembered a load of other stuff that wasn’t true in 2014.
The list is still not exhaustive.