1. YouTube user mitchhit 234 uploaded this video of a senior at Marquette High School in St. Louis, Missouri, saying “fuck her right in the pussy” during a school-wide assembly.
Update — Aug. 31, 6:25 p.m.: Tragically the video was taken off YouTube.
2. Marquette High School does a trivia competition every Thursday, and the kid who drops the now-world famous phrase is in the gray T-shirt.
3. The meme was originally invented by YouTube prankster John Cain, who filmed a video where “Fred” — an actor Cain hired — says “fuck her right in the pussy” during a fake local news broadcast.
4. The Marquette student was apparently trying to answer a question about how much money the school had raised. The winning student would have gotten a pizza.
5. According to the video’s description, he was pulled out of the room by the principal and suspended for five days.
6. Which doesn’t seem too bad, considering he’s now the school’s hero.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.