16 Things That Actually Helped People Stop Picking And Biting Their Nails
It's really hard to kick a nail biting or nail picking habit, but things like acrylic nails and fidget toys can help.
1. Pick up a habit that keeps your hands busy, like knitting:
2. Indulge in acrylic nails that'll protect your real ones:
4. Find a therapist who specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy:
5. Strategically limit which nail you can bite or pick:
6. Try letting a teeny bit of one nail grow, and celebrate its progress:
7. Make nail art and polish a hobby:
9. Or apply some foul-tasting clear polish so that you have no desire to put your nails anywhere near your mouth:
10. Carry around a set of cuticle clippers that you can whip out when you want to pick:
12. Wear a piece of jewelry you can focus your attention on:
13. Or slip a rubber band around your wrist that you can play with instead:
14. Wear a lipstick or gloss so that you really notice every time you put your fingers to your mouth:
15. Chew gum when you need to:
16. And enlist the help of a loved one:
Responses have been lightly edited for length and clarity.