1. A hydrating gel-based E.l.f primer getting famous on TikTok because it grips makeup while also providing your skin with hyaluronic acid. This goes on translucent and takes about 30 seconds to set.
2. A super-hydrating Belif moisturizer to give your skin the water it needs! This lightweight gel-cream absorbs quickly, plus it's got squalane, ceramide 3, and glycerin, all of which help your skin retain water and maintain moisture levels.
The moisturizer works for all skin types and is oil-, phthalate-, paraben-, and sulfate-free.
Promising review: "Aqua Bomb moisturizer is easily my desert island skincare product. Although I have dry-leaning combination skin, I hate most moisturizers because creamy formulas feel heavy and just yucky to me, especially under makeup. Aqua Bomb's gel-like consistency absorbs like a dream. It's soothing to stressed out skin in the winter and cooling through the heat of summer. I recommend it to friends of all skin types because it gives your skin that bouncy hydration it craves without feeling oily in the slightest. I took a break from it for a while to try out other products but JUST ordered a big tub so I can return to using it daily for the rest of my life. It's unbeatable, IMO." —Rachel Dunkel
Get it from Amazon and Sephora for $22+ (available in three sizes).
3. A fragrance-free vitamin C moisturizer for help reducing the appearance of sun spots, fine lines, and wrinkles. Packed with organic ingredients, this moisturizer hydrates, brightens, and blocks pollution and free radicals.
Eight Saints is a woman-owned small biz using only eight plant-based ingredients in their skincare products.
Promising review: "This is definitely one of my favorite skincare products. As someone with sensitive skin, I always have to watch anything with strong scents or creams that are too heavy (as they give me breakouts). That's made it hard to find a good moisturizer that provides hydration while being light enough to avoid acne. This cream is the answer to that. I use it every night, and was initially skeptical that such a light cream wouldn't rub off, but it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave behind that oily feeling that some other creams do. It feels fresh and smells amazing — a citrusy smell that's noticeable, but not overwhelming. I have only been using it for a short time, but it's already started to ease the redness around my cheeks and nose. I'm not sure if that's due to how hydrating it is or if it also helps to even skin tone, but either way, my skin is thankful for it. Definitely recommend it, especially for those with sensitive skin." —Kristiana Beers
Get it from Eight Saints on Amazon for $33.
4. A tub of hypoallergenic Pond's cold cream cleanser because not only does it help remove practically all traces of makeup, but also because it's also 50% moisturizer!
Promising review: "I moved to a dry climate a long time ago. My skin cried out for moisture but everything I used would make me break out. Then to fix the breakouts, my skin would get dry. I struggled with this for a very long time and have finally come up with what works for me. This is the only cleanser I will use. It is gentle on my face and helps with the moisturizing process. It takes off makeup (even waterproof mascara). This is part of my bedtime routine along with a toner and moisturizer afterward. It is what works for me and my skin." —M. Bennett
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
5. A tub of O'Keeffe's hypoallergenic hand cream for anyone suffering from dry, cracked, and sensitive skin. It restores moisture, promotes healing, and creates a protective layer on the skin's surface that locks in moisture.
Promising review: "I have suffered from splitting and cracking fingers every fall and winter for years. I tried Eucerin, Lubriderm, and Gold Bond creams, but none seemed to relieve the splitting from reoccurring. I tried O'Keeffe's Working Hand Cream and within two-and-a-half days, the splitting and cracking were no longer a factor. Since using the cream, I have not suffered any more cracking or splitting. I am on a busy schedule and only use it at night when I go to bed. It says it's non-greasy but you can definitely feel a slick texture on your hands once applied. That's why I use it at night before bed when I don't have to open door knobs, touch smartphones, or shake hands. It has the texture of cake icing, goes on smooth and works into the skin quickly. It has no smell I can detect. I am so glad I found this cream, it has ended years of split and cracked fingers/hands." —T.H.
Get it from Amazon for $8.98.
Our O'Keeffe's Working Hands Cream deep dive goes into more details, so be sure to check it out.
6. A vegan Handmade Heroes coconut lip scrub that'll exfoliate your dry, chapped lips and lock in moisture with nourishing jojoba and avocado oils.
Promising review: "I have really full lips that have been really dry and peeling lately. Peeling to the point that I stopped wearing lipstick. Red lipstick is my favorite and smooth lips are a must to pull it off. I used this scrub one time with a lip exfoliating brush and it instantly removed the dry dead skin from my lips, leaving them smooth and kissable! It’s gritty enough to remove all the dead skin unlike other scrubs. You won’t be disappointed." –Jessica
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (available in two flavors).
7. A vegan foot cream that works to rehydrate dry, callused, and cracked feet. Get ready to strut your stuff in open-toe sandals!
Promising reviews: "I was skeptical about this topical product to heal broken, dry, callused feet and toes. I ignored my foot care for quite a bit while pregnant (couldn't reach!) and then postpartum a bit. After the winter in the desert, my heels and large toe pads were cracked and parched. I used this product every day for 10 days and the results were amazing! I slathered it on after my shower in the morning, put on socks, and wore that during the day for 10 days. My feet are healed with no trace of dryness. Even my toenails are improved and hydrated. My hands are also healed (constantly washing hands) from applying to my feet and rubbing the rest in. I highly recommend this product for anyone suffering from super dry, cracked feet. It works — it is thick, so cover with socks and let the warmth and barrier marinate your dry feet and toes into soft beautiful skin!" —Natalie
"I have never seen a product like this ever, my feet were so soft and radiant after one application only. I usually don’t give this rating easily but this product truly made me do it. Seriously, it deserves 10 stars, not 5. I would strongly recommend it to everyone." —Nora
Get it from Amazon for $15.99.
8. A tub of K-Beauty aloe vera gel containing 18 amino acids to help soothe and restore hydration to skin. And you can apply it all over your body as well as to dry and damaged hair.
This gel is free of parabens, silicone, sulfates, and alcohol.
BuzzFeed editor Elizabeth Lilly is a huge fan — you can check out her full Nature Republic aloe vera gel review.
Promising review: "This product is great for my skin, especially as a moisturizer. It has helped me maintain clearer skin. I apply this every day and night. It's rejuvenating. This is also great for my hair, especially because it's so dry. I recommend trying this product out for yourself!" —Eric S.
Get it from Amazon for $7.46 (also available in larger pack sizes).
9. A pair of moisturizing gloves for an at-home manicure. Made with vitamin E and A and shea butter, these gloves will help moisturize your hands, soften your cuticles, and strengthen your nails!
Promising review: "I get extremely dry, flaky skin seems like all times of the year, but I love nail polish and having my nails done. These gloves are amazing. A sticky tab for all size hands, an outer cover that allows me to use my phone, and just the right amount of product make for a perfectly convenient use with divine results." —Rescue Dog Mom
Get a pair from Amazon for $11.99+ (available in larger pack sizes).
10. A box of pore-tightening face masks because their 8-in-1 treatment will leave your skin visibly hydrated, bright, and lifted. You just need to get through the 15 minutes of looking a little like a zombie. But it's worth it!
Promising review: "I'm 27 and this is my second time purchasing these masks. I use these about once every other week or so. I have seen drastic improvements in my skin. After one use my skin was not nearly as dry and flaky. My face seemed a lot more supple and plump as well. After continued use, I have noticed my fine lines on my forehead are less noticeable and the overall texture of my skin is more smooth compared to bumpy looking. I also noticed I don't look as tired even though I'm exhausted lol. My uneven skin tone has improved and my face has brightened some. I live and work in the city and I think you can tell by my skin appearance but after using these my skin looks fresh, soft, and has a nice glow to it even after one use. I will continue to keep these masks stocked in my vanity." —Rachel
Get a pack of eight from Amazon for $25.
11. An all-natural and cruelty-free hyaluronic acid moisturizer made with grapeseed oil, aloe juice, and licorice root extract if you're looking for hydration that won't clog your pores. It'll even help fight acne.
Cofounded by two sisters, Blume is a BIPOC woman–owned skincare company creating natural products to help promote healthy skin for people who experience periods.
Promising review: "This moisturizer is so lightweight and smells incredible! It leaves my face so hydrated and automatically makes my skin glow!" —Yeny C
12. A gentle, botanical-based LilyAna Naturals moisturizer that brightens dark spots and replenishes moisture levels. Reviewers with eczema even say that it helps calm their flare-ups!
LilyAna Naturals is a family-owned small business using natural ingredients to craft high-quality skincare products.
Promising review: "I've struggled with dry winter skin and acne for years. I hate a lot of skin maintenance so it was always frustrating to me that I actually needed to use a PRODUCT in the wintertime to keep from breaking out in large, flaky patches. I was looking for something light, something that would plump up the little fine lines that come with being middle-aged, and something that wouldn't break me out. And we have five children so I'm a fan of cheap. I shop based on reviews, and reviewer after reviewer convinced me to try it. I'm so glad I did. I'm on my second purchase of it and I truly love it. It isn't greasy or gloppy and I can put my makeup on over it minutes after applying. My skin is clearer than it has been in years. And I've still got a few lines but I get comments on my clear skin often. A little goes a long way. Love this product!!" —Jennifer K Thorpe
Get it from LilyAna Naturals on Amazon for $18.99.
13. A lightweight Jergens wet skin moisturizer to use in the shower so you can get the whole shebang over and done with before you even step out of the bathroom. Plus your skin will be thanking you for using this shea butter-infused lotion made with hyaluronic acid.
Promising review: "I am extremely impressed with the results. I have always struggled to find a body moisturizer that is both effective and convenient to use, but this product ticks all the boxes. The wet skin formula is so easy to apply: I just step out of the shower, pat my skin dry and apply the moisturizer directly onto my wet skin. It absorbs quickly and leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and nourished. The shea butter oil adds an extra layer of hydration and the scent is light and refreshing. Overall, I am very happy with this product and will definitely be repurchasing it in the future." —Heather Smith
Get it from Amazon for $8.99.
14. An organic caffeine under-eye cream whose lightweight formula helps reduce dark circles and puffiness as it hydrates.
Promising review: "First, this product is super moisturizing. It glides on easily and absorbs quickly. No greasy residue feeling. Not heavy-feeling either. The skin around my eyes gets dry in the winter. This makes it soft and does not irritate. This is the only eye cream that does not irritate my eyes. The smell is refreshing but light. Not overpowering, which is so nice. Second, I was pleasantly surprised at the difference around my eyes. I took a picture the day before I got the product and a second picture after using this product for eight days. My skin is smoother, lighter, and the little lines are starting to disappear. I couldn't believe it! I can't wait to see how good I look after a few weeks of using this product. Even if it didn't help with the fine lines, I love it enough for the moisturizing benefits that I will never do without. I highly recommend giving this eye cream a try. You won't be disappointed." —BeachGirl