Unless otherwise indicated, all shoes are listed in women's sizes.
1. Jeweled mules that are so fashionable and cute. Perfect for nights out on the town or to dress up your errands run.
"Reviewers recommend sizing up! I recently treated myself to these and forgot to do so, but they still fit well (my heel is just a teeeeeny bit over the edge in the back, but I don't mind because they stay on my foot more easily). I'm honestly obsessed — I can't believe how affordable they were, especially considering how high fashion they look. They just make me smile!!! The grippy soles give a nice cushion and are for some reason printed with fruit designs? Can't explain it but only adds to the happy feet feels these give me. Oh, and they're compliment magnets on Insta, too." —Katy Herman
Get them from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in sizes 5.5–10.5 and in four colors and prints).
2. Comwarm slippers to slip into when you get home from a long day of work. They are so cozy that you'll want to sleep in them.
"I'm so obsessed with these slippers and they're perfect (and trendy) for wearing around my home. They have a durable bottom as well if you need to pop out of the house to grab the mail." —Ali Faccenda
Get them from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in sizes 5–13, and eight colors).
3. Suavs Zilker Sneakers, breathable and moisture-wicking shoes that will hold up against even the sweatiest of feet.
"Suavs are for anyone who wants to wear sneakers without feeling too constrained. They're very unique in that they're made from very stretchy, breathable fabric that really moves with your foot. They're great to pop on when quickly walking out of the house, and even though I tend to wear them with no socks, they TBH don't smell bad! So that's basically a miracle. They're machine washable, so if they did start to smell, I could pop them in, but they've stayed so fresh I haven't needed to. Their fabric is really durable and feels like it could stand up to anything. If you've been wanting to go the fabric-sneaker route but have been worried you'll stain or ruin your shoes, try these. I think I could jump in a thousand mud puddles and they'd still be fine — I've been caught in the rain in them innumerable times and stepped in some gnarly NYC puddles and they still look like new, even at 2 years old." —Rachel Dunkel
"I own these and have worn them sooo many times. And as far as washing goes, they wash really well! You'll just have to make sure that you put them in a well-ventilated area to dry because they do take a while to dry. I discovered this a few years ago when I ventured into an extremely muddy corn maze and got my foot stuck in muck. I hosed off my shoes beside the farm's pig pen and expected to have to throw them away. The light gray (which I own in addition to this burgundy hue ^) washed really well, and then nearly a year later I wore them alllll over Athens, including trekking up to and all over the Acropolis where I saw tons of people fall. Did I mention they have excellent traction and you can wear 'em without socks?!" —Elizabeth Lilly
Get them from Suavs for $98 (available in sizes 5–12 and six colors).
4. MeUndies no-show socks that come a wide range of fun colors and designs. These will give you an amusing pop of color to brighten up even the simplest shoes.
"I *cannot* say enough good things about these socks. I mean, just LOOK at how cute these are! They also have heel grips and feel like actual hugs for your feet. My only suggestion would be to order one size up to avoid any tight-fitting elastic!" —Brittany Gibson
Get them from MeUndies for $14 (available in sizes S–XL).
5. Breathable walking slip-ons that have great arch support to remind you that cute shoes don't have to be painful.
"After spending most of the pandemic inside and not wearing any sneakers, I found that my old sneakers hurt my feet because the bottoms were too hard. These shoes do not have that problem. They are super soft and light. I wore them while walking a hiking trail and because they are breathable mesh, my feet didn't get sweaty, even while I wearing socks. It did take some time to get use to how high they feel compared to other shoes but other than that, I would definitely recommend them. I wish I had these shoes back when I was teaching and on my feet all day." —Tasia Bass
Get them from Amazon for $19.99 (available in sizes 5–11.5 and in 26 colors.)
6. Huarache sandals, comprised of soft, stretchy leather, great for nice summer days. They are not only suuuper comfy but will look great with any outfit.
"Macarena Collection is a Buena Park, California-based shop that specializes in Mexican-made shoes and embroidered clothing. I have these huaraches from the shop and, I swear, they are the comfiest shoes I've ever worn straight out of the box. On my first day of wearing them, I walked about 40 city blocks with no pain, blistering, or rubbing. Zilch! I basically live in them now and, it turns out, they match with basically everything I wear when it's at least 70 degrees out so they've been pounding the NYC pavement quite a bit in the past month since I got them." —Elizabeth Lilly
Get them from Macarena Collection on Etsy for $39.92 (available in sizes 5–10).
7. Colombia hiking boots that use advanced technology to keep them lightweight while still being study. They have reinforced toes and soles, helping you maintain traction on any terrain. Also they are waterproof, keeping your feet warm and dry during your next hike to the lake.
"I finally caved and bought these boots over the summer and they're still my absolutely favorite purchases of the year. Not only are they comfortable and SO sturdy, but they make all my hiking outfits look so cute. That's obviously not a 'necessity,' but doesn't it help?" —Stephanie Hope
Get them from Amazon for $65.60+ (available in sizes 5–12, wide sizes, and 14 colors).
8. Acorn Spa Slippers, eco-friendly shoes that reuse algae to help reduce CO2 emissions and protect freshwater sources. They will have you feeling like every day is a spa day.
"Ever since the pandemic started, I've been a slipper snob. What's funny is I actually never really owned any pairs of slippers before working remotely and now I don't know how I've ever lived without them. These ones from Acorn are so lightweight and are great if you have tile or hardwood floors. They don't slip and keep my feet warm without making them sweat. They also look cute on so I have no complaints about these. If you want to feel like you're living the lap of self-care luxury while simultaneously walking on clouds, then do yourself a favor and snag a pair of these." —Ali Faccenda
Get them from Acorn for $55 (available in sizes SM–XL and in two colors).
9. Cushionaire faux wood sandals made with vegan leather and a memory foam insole. With the chunky heel, they're the perfect shoes to wear to your next picnic or family reunion.
"I just bought these sandals for an outdoor wedding and they are soooo comfortable. The strap keeps my feet securely in place and the platform means the heel isn't too high. I haven't spent a day in them yet, but I could tell immediately that they're ultra-comfy." —Rebecca O'Connell
Get them from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in sizes 6–11 and four colors).
10. Avre Infinity Glide Sneakers, eco-friendly shoes constructed from recycled water bottles with an algae insole. They are machine washable and extremely durable, so you don't have to buy new shoes every season.
"These sneakers from Avre are my current favorite pair of shoes. I've had them for a couple months now, and I wear them almost every day. Since they're made of knit fabric, they stretch right onto your foot and are super comfortable. Plus, the chunky heel adds a bit of extra style. I mostly wear them with leggings and joggers (because that’s what I live in), but I have worn them with jeans too. They do run big, so I would size down a half size. I also love that they’re made from recycled water bottles, as I’ve been trying to be a little more conscious with my purchases." —Abby Kass
Get them from Avre for $145 (available in sizes 5–10).
11. Naturalizer boots that are waterproof and have a thick heel, so they won't get damaged when wet. These are the shoes you want when you to wear when it may rain but you don't want to wear rain boots.
"I own this pair of boots in a patent leather finish and lived in them for all of 2021. Dresses, hard pants, leggings...I've worn them with everything. Plus they really do stand up to all sorts of rain, slush, ice, and all the shoe-damaging stuff they put on the ground here in NYC to keep you from sliding around on icy sidewalks. But are they comfy? Extremely! I'm more or less a 90%-of-the-time pedestrian now with COVID-19 and social distancing, which means I've already clocked up lots of miles on my own pair. The cushiony sole keeps my feet from aching when other ankle boots would have my old dogs howling." —Elizabeth Lilly
Get them from Naturalizer for $99 (available in sizes 6–11 and also in matte black).
12. Sock Candy crew socks, because you deserve to treat yourself to something fun. Not only are they incredibly bold, they are high quality and long lasting.
"I LOVE quirky socks, and I already have way too many. But when a fun fashion influencer offered to send me some of her bold new sock line, Sock Candy, I couldn't say no and now I'm totally in love. The blue and pink leopard pair have to be my faves, but the prints are all so unique and the fit is so COMFY!!! Tons of stretch and they feel like really great quality." —Katy Herman
Get the cheetah-print crew socks from Sock Candy for $12.60 (originally $18) and shop all of their patterns here.
13. Naot sandals, classic suede slides that use anatomic cork and latex footbeds to mold to your feet. Soon you'll be raving about how comfortable these are that you'll never want to take them off.
Naot is a family-owned small biz based in Israel that focuses on selling shoes that are ethically and sustainably handmade. They also donate shoes to local charities!
"I'm a convert. No, really. I was super against these styles of sandals because I thought they were clunky and uncomfortable. I finally got a pair and I truly understand all the hype. These sandals are SO. DANG. COMFY. They're not *soft* like a memory foam shoe would be, but there's just something really comforting about them. Maybe it's all the space for your foot to be freee. Maybe it's the soft band that never gives you blisters. Whatever it is, I'm obsessed. They also really *do* look cute on. I apologize for ever thinking otherwise." —Stephanie Hope
Get it from Naot for $139.95 (available in sizes 4–11 and 15 colors).
14. Sanuk wool slippers, eco-friendly fuzzy slip-ons that will keep your feet warm, even when your office is blasting the air conditioner. Plus the heel is collapsable!
"I love my Sanuk slippers! They're super cozy and snug. The best part is I can just slip them on and wear them around the house with the collapsible leather heel down *or* put the heel up while out running errands. (BTW, they might feel a little tight at first, but they'll stretch and loosen up!)" —Brittany Gibson
Get them from Sanuk for $85 (available in sizes 5–11 and two colors).