1. For emo kids in Canada, '00s Avril Lavigne epitomized #emogoals. Life was incredibly complicated and very xXtragickXx.
2. Wearing and collecting silicone bracelets.
3. A black pleather studded cuffed bracelet (with real spikes if you were truly hxc).
4. Begging your parents for a pair of black-and-pink-checkered skater shoes (you didn't skate).
5. Or black chucks (that everyone in your squad needed to own — for the sole purpose of taking this photo:)
6. Which you paired with incredibly high black socks.
7. Searching far and wide for black-and-white-striped fingerless gloves.
8. Or fishnets if you were eXXXtra edgy.
9. Having an inexplicable need for an athletic sweat band (you didn't play sports).
10. AND ONE VERY PARTICULAR STYLE AND SKU OF CARGO PANTS.
"They have to be baggy. They have to be cargo. They have to be army green camouflage." — you to your mom