3. No cows in Canada are given artificial hormones for milk production.
Which means no dairy products, like milk, cheese, or yogurt, produced in Canada contain hormones either!
4. For one day in 1943, Ottawa designated a hospital room to be “extraterritorial” (international) ground so a Dutch princess could be born a full Dutch citizen.
(A Dutch requirement for her to keep her princess title.)
6. Which inspired Ottawa’s annual Tulip Festival.
7. Canada has banned the Westboro Baptist Church members from entering the country and picketing funerals.
Hate speech is a penalized offense by the federal and provincial government.
14. It has an “Apology Act.”
It allows an apology in court to be a sign of compassion and empathy, not guilt.
15. In the 1930 World Cup, Canada’s hockey team was so badass they didn’t even have to play knockout rounds and were placed directly in the final game.
They then went on to win gold.
16. Canada’s post office receives millions of letters addressed to “Santa Claus, North Pole” each year. They respond to each one as Mrs. Claus.
It’s an employee-led volunteering initiative. :)
19. During the holiday seasons, it has a volunteer service that gives free rides to those too drunk or too tired to drive.
20. The nation’s official phone number is 1-800-O-Canada.
CORRECTION: Saskatchewans call their hoodies “bunnyhugs” — which makes it even cuter. The previous version misstated the nickname.